Musty A/C Smell

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CDNRabbit

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well for what it's worth this is the first vehicle that has suffered from mildew in the AC system. I was hoping running the system hot in the winter/fall would kill it but a quick Google search says I'd have to exceed 60°C. I'll have to see if I can find someone with an Ozone generator like @Left Coast Geek suggested.

bigwilly

Reaction score
For what it's worth, I was also having the musty smell issue on my 2023 Limited SPP. Even though the passenger carpet was bone dry, I decided to try the same fix used for the wet carpet issue. After getting the TSB fix done myself and using a can of this stuff, the smell hasn't been an issue anymore. I've been using the crap out of the a/c this summer too.

Here's a link to the TSB . This issue is all over the F-Series forums. If you Google for "Ford evaporator drain fix" you should come up with a bunch of threads from Ford truck forums with lots of details, pictures and stories about it.

I hope this helps!