Need suggestion for Aftermarket stereo for 2006 Limited with DVD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi FREEWAY,

Sorry I wasn't specific enough. I have four goals:

1. The most important goal is keep my factory installed overhead DVD player AND for it to play its sound through the Expedition's sound system - just like it does now. For that I assume that I need a Head Unit with some sort of auxillary port or RCA "in" ports on the back of the new unit? YES

2. I want my steering controls to work. So I assume that I need to buy a Head Unit that is set up for this as well as some sort of adapter. I recently had to do this with the wife's Pathfinder...so I am guessing the same applies for my expedition? YES...PAC wiring harness

3. Also I have a Sirius Starmate 4 satellite receiver that is currently wired into the Head Unit with an FM modulator. I want to get rid of the FM modulator a plug it into an auxilliary port.

4. I want bluetooth - both audio streaming, and hands free. I figure I don't need to do anything here other then buy a system that has this integrated into it. YES...my pioneer allows me to play audio from my phone rather its music or video...but cant see video

That's it! Hopefully I am not setting my expectations too high. All I need to know here is what to look for in a new head unit. I'm not planning on trying to install this myself. I plan on taking this to a professional for that. :)

Thanks for the great advice so far everyone.

seems that you have covered everything else based on your post previous to this one...g/l

take pics and post pre/during/after pics with a good write up of how you did it...others will benefit from your work...lol

bobholthaus

Reaction score
Checkout the Kenwood line. If you don't need Nav, or don't mind running it through your iPhone, the new DDX line will do everything you want. Or go to the DNX line if you want nav. With correct Kenwood iPod adapter, you can even watch video from device (I'm assuming this would work for iPad too).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vazquez97