New 18 expedition Limited owner. Please help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dwinchell92

Reaction score
I bought my 2018 Ford expedition Limited a few months ago. I fell in love with all the bells and whistles. The day after I brought it home from the dealership, I realized after cold starting it that it needed a new camper. So that has been replaced already, but I also feel like it shifts really rough sometimes and sometimes it shifts really good. And sometimes it struggles to go into tenth gear. It also feels like I am sliding around on a skating rink when I go over an uneven Road. Lastly, it likes to bounce up and down sometimes I’m not 100% positive and that’s a bad tire. I would love to hear all the feedback and things that you have ran into with this vehicle. I have read up some on the for scan. I do plan on buying that to help some with the shifting thank you. Sincerely a new Ford owner.

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How many miles? Might want to get an ESP. Biggest issue on that gen is the cam phasers. Some people have issues with the ten speed as well.

tj8522

Reaction score
The bouncy ride might be due to leaking shocks or over inflated tires. A lot of people prefer the bilstein 5100s on their expys.

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The bouncy ride might be due to leaking shocks or over inflated tires. A lot of people prefer the bilstein 5100s on their expys.

Some owners complained about the shock absorbers failing prematurely on the 4th gen. The symptom is generally fluid leaking from the shock, or harsh rebound over sharp bumps. When my rears were going out, passengers would get launched out of their seats in the 3rd row. First check tire pressures, but that's usually associated with impact harshness, not so much bouncing.