New 2 me 1999 Ex 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
SkyJumper

SkyJumper

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Other than E-Bay, anyone know of manufacturer direct or the like selling quality white face guages, or indiglo's?

OP
OP
SkyJumper

SkyJumper

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks, but I am talking about the indiglo's or white face overlays for the existing guage cluster in the Expy. Not wanting to add guages or A-Pillar pods.

OP
OP
SkyJumper

SkyJumper

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That is what I am referring to rburch, I was kinda leary about those on E-Bay, quality wise.

One question, are you missing the black cap over the speedo or is that supposed to be like that and glowong soooo brightly at night?

rburch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
LOL No, when i installed the face i did it with the cluster in the truck and when i was pulling the needles off that cap came off and fell into the "black abyss"! Looked for it for about an hour and couldn't find it!

The face i got has a a controller on it that has a brightness dial and a switch to change the color between blue and green. I just prefer to have it that bright.

These faces are sweet because they have a 3D look to them cause the red and blue/green are 2 different layers.

OP
OP
SkyJumper

SkyJumper

Full Access Members
Reaction score

That link is the same very one I have saved for possible future purchase. I think I am going to go ahead and purchase it. Is that a stick on overlay or do you first take the original overlay off then replace it with that one and it requires you to take the needles off after you snap a picture of your cluster when engine is warmed up and replace the needles using the warm up method to ge the needles in the original position after warm up.

rburch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No, most overlays are not stick on. I took off the original gauge face and used double sided tape to hold it in place. I have noticed in the past that if you don't take off the original overlay that it wouldn't have enough room to expand and contract because it was too thick. The gauge cluster bezel should hold it in place but i didn't want it to move!