New 2 me 1999 Ex 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
SkyJumper

SkyJumper

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Man, I am pretty pissed, first I order the K/N FIPK, and after almost 2 weeks on delivery I get a call and the kit is on backorder. Then I get a freebie basically with a lesser kit, and I get it today and it is missing a second box with heatshield and some plumbing. WTF? Now they are sending me a new kit and should have it in 2 days.

robuilt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thats crazy. seemed like a huge mess. I had a similar experience trying to get the correct lug nuts for my weld racing wheels on my mustang. lol....you would think they would have atleast that down to a science!

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Expy is looking good :flamingdevil:
Sucks about summit. They put my O2 sensors on backorder even though the website had said in stock. Found out later they only ship to Canada from Ohio store so the only O2's they had where in Cali. I'm just got them now after weeks, I think they finally sent them from Cali to Ohi then to me.

OP
OP
SkyJumper

SkyJumper

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well I did get the new smoked tail lights in and installed. I think they look great and am getting 1 step closer to all blacked out. And a daylight pic of the painted black center section of the grille.

Here are some pics,
SD531695.jpg

SD531690.jpg

SD531689.jpg

SD531693.jpg

SD531694.jpg

Last edited:

treycool94

Full Access Members
Reaction score
so you got shocks for a 4 inch lift? how are they i am about to do a 2in lift and i need new shocks anyway

OP
OP
SkyJumper

SkyJumper

Full Access Members
Reaction score
so you got shocks for a 4 inch lift? how are they i am about to do a 2in lift and i need new shocks anyway

Yes, the shocks are for 4" lift, Rancho RS5000 series. They work great and are firm. I have plenty of up travel and that was what I was concerned with initially. Since I did not lift a full 4"s, I was thinking that the shock would not have suitable uptravel. But they do and they work out great with the 3/2 lift I did. I did not use the full 3" up front. I only lifted 1.5"s total up front to keep my front axle shafts at a resonable angle without binding and premature wear.

OP
OP
SkyJumper

SkyJumper

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well I just talked to Summit Racing, and they have comfirmed that all the CAI kits that they had in stock was mising the parts as the one I received yesterday, the link to that kit is here-
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/GRM-10-301/

So to please me they went ahead and upgraded my CAI to this one for double the money at no charge to me and they are shipping it overnight to me for tomorrow delivery on their dime. Here is the new kit-
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SPE-9920/

So they seem to have bent over backwards per say to please me as best as they could. And no out of pocket money from me. After all, I can not beat that with a ugly stick. So I will have it tomorrow, with fingers crossed. As much as I purchase from them over the years with all the builds I have done, they came through as of now.

rburch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Congrats! I am running that CAI and i like it. I replaced the filter with a AEM Dryflow filter.

OP
OP
SkyJumper

SkyJumper

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well I got the upgraded CAI kit in from Summit Racing. I really made out on this kit. It is well put together, and if I say so, a better designed kit than K/N. After installation, I took it for a ride and it really woke this 4.6 up from the dead. Pick-up at acceleration is a great improvement and throughout the acceleration much better response. The price for this kit is $179.00, but all I paid was $29.00 from the original screw-up with the kit they sent me the other day. It also has the 12" washable filter.

Here is some pics of it,
SD531696.jpg

SD531697.jpg

SD531698.jpg

SD531699.jpg

SD531700.jpg

OP
OP
SkyJumper

SkyJumper

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well I took the Expy out today shopping. I got to say, the 4.6 really woke up with this Spectre intake system. I still think the Expy is under powered with the 4.6 in it. But it is much more responsive with the kit installed.

All week all I have been thinking about is doing a D60 SAS with a Sterling rear. And doing a engine and xfer and xmission swap. I would love to do this swap and make this Expy a real machine instead of the grocery getter it was designed for with mother and kids in mind from Ford.

Time will tell how far I will go with this project.