New 2 me 1999 Ex 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m1gunner

Reaction score
the wheels look pretty nice. Maybe it just throws me off to see an all terrain mounted up to wheels that usually hold a mud terrain.. but it looks great. the spacers definitely pushed you out pretty well. I like the look of the tires poking out and being even with the running boards.

all in all, I dig it. are you going to go bigger?

OP
OP
SkyJumper

SkyJumper

Full Access Members
Reaction score
all in all, I dig it. are you going to go bigger?

If I decide to hang onto it for a while the answer is yes. And yes it will go bigger, a 6" suspension and 35-37" tires. I was looking over the past weekend in possibly doing a D60 SA up front and a sterling out back. The room throughout the frontend and the lack of a hugh Ford crossmember makes this swap look to be a easy one. Swap out the transfer and install a manual shift for engagement would go with it. Plenty of them to be found around here. Do a coil spring up front, some duff RA's and off we go. But if I do decide to keep it, maybe within a year.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SkyJumper

SkyJumper

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Also I am digging the black rims as the rest of the chrome is going also. I intend to buy black bumpers, and grille and smoked headlights to go along with the smoked taillights on the way to me. There will be no chrome left on this truck soon. Black and Gold Mist, thats it, and the badging is coming off also.

OP
OP
SkyJumper

SkyJumper

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well I kept looking at the front end and thought there was no definition or contrast for the grille. So I decided to paint the center section black to break it up and give it some separation. I also realigned the bumper to bring it up closer by another 1/2" to the grille. Looks better than the large gap that was there.
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

OP
OP
SkyJumper

SkyJumper

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well after waiting for a couple weeks for my K/N FIPK to come in, I get a call today to let me know that the kit is on back order. So I was kinda pissed to say the least. So I said hell with it and got a lesser expensive kit that they had on hand and for my troubles, summitracing.com gave me $60.00 summit bucks to apply to it and the end cost out of pocket was $29.00, not too bad.

Here is what I got for $29.00
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/GRM-10-301/

Before I start de-badging this Ex, does anyone know if the name plates on the fender and tailgate are just double-sided taped on or are they held on with the plastic pins thru the metal and taped? I do not want to take them off if they are going to be holes remaining after I take them off.

Last edited:

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well I kept looking at the front end and thought there was no definition or contrast for the grille. So I decided to paint the center section black to break it up and give it some separation. I also realigned the bumper to bring it up closer by another 1/2" to the grille. Looks better than the large gap that was there.
View attachment 3625

View attachment 3626

View attachment 3627

looks good. i bed lined mine. haha but why didnt you just take off the grill so you didnt get any paint on the radiator?