New to me 2008 EL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grandebob

Reaction score
I just picked up a new to me 2008 Expedition EL from my local stealer. Found the site on google, and now I plan on pestering you all with questions. :) This is my first Ford vehicle. I've driven GM's most of my life. I'm looking forward to something different and see what all this "like a rock" talk is about.

We decided we needed to upgrade our tow vehicle, since our Jeep Gran Cherokee's 3500 lb tow capacity could barely tow our pop-up trailer, let alone any camping gear. My wife browsed around and found our EL and with Ford's financing offers, we got into a big truck that we other wise might not have been able to afford.

I look forward to stealing your tricks and tips from you. Here is a brief list of my want list:

- Stereo upgrade: Need to find something with bluetooth for phone calls and media streaming. Built in XM would be nice too. Navigation isn't necessary, but if it's available as an add on, that would be cool.
- Backup Camera: Might be part of the stereo upgrade.
- Trailer Brake controller: Got a Tekonsha Prodigy on order, will be putting it in this weekend (I hope)

OP
OP
G

grandebob

Reaction score
My wife insisted on getting an EL, since the longer wheel base is better for towing. The thing is a monster, and I've been looking for "Canyenaro" stickers (from the Simpson's). I can't wait to see how she tows.

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
Welcome to the group! don't worry, you wont pester us...there are plenty of us here to give you grief in return...LOL...buy the way did you say you got your Expedition from the "Stealers" as in Houston Stealers....See what I mean about grief! LMAO....this country air is getting me punchy...

OP
OP
G

grandebob

Reaction score
the billet badge site looks awesome, though I'm concerned that I don't see any prices on the site. You know what they say, "If you have to ask, you can't afford it"

For those of you who don't watch the Simpons, Canyenaro is their giant SUV. Here is a video clip of the commercial.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4QgWRycd7I

Here is a picture I snapped as we were signing the paperwork.
http://twitpic.com/6tlryg

Last edited:

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
HAHAHA...wait to you fill that thing up for the second time....you will be wondering then if you can afford it....I been thinking about a Sunoco or Shell logo for mine...its like a car payment every month! LOL

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
welcome to the site...

for your stereo upgrade...check out crutchfield.com with the "Fit my car" link and put in your particulars...you can find what youre looking for starting at $500-$1300...i recommend this site just to see whats out there and too look at all the opts...it will also show you if there is a manufacturer rebate (instant or not) plus they'll give you the wire harness/lifetime support for as long as you own the equipment...even if you swap to another vic...but buy all means check other sources on the internet once you find the one you want...i like pioneer then kenwood...they also have a payment plan if you need it...

OP
OP
G

grandebob

Reaction score
I'm a big crutchfield fan all ready, no need to sell me on them.

I got my brake controller in on Friday, and it took me about 5 minutes to install it. I hooked it up to the trailer and got no lights, so it's time to break out the volt meter and start testing everything. Why is nothing ever simple?