No Heat at all... help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thunder

Reaction score
Hey Guys... New to the forum and just got an exp yesterday.

Truck is a 99 with the 5.4 in it, 4x4 etc. Mileage is at 197K.

Guy I picked it up from put a thermostat in it, motor does not overheat at all, and get up to temp but I'm getting no heat in the front or rear at all. Hoses are getting warm, and I'm smelling a little bit of coolant but not positive from where. Cannot find a leak or see a puddle at all although I've yet to pressure test it. Waiting on an adapter for my tester from the tool truck.

If anyone could point me in a direction at all I'd greatly appreciate it.

green03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
are the hoses getting warm or hot? There is a valve that is vacuum actuated on the passenger side above the engine. If the vacuum line has come off then it won't make any heat.....
Just a thought,
Matt

OP
OP
T

Thunder

Reaction score
That sounds like it could be the culprit... I'll take a peek and see. Thanks for the info!

OP
OP
T

Thunder

Reaction score
No such luck on the easy fix. Looks like the blend door is broke inside the plenum :nono: I pulled the console out, and fought to remove the blend door actuating motor. After finally getting it out, what ever it interlocks with inside the plenum came out in a bunch of pieces. Motor moves when the heater controls are turned up and down so that's all working at least. Either way the whole dash has to come out whenever I can get the pieces to repair it. :eek: At least I've got some heat now though... it's stuck at whatever temp it feels like spitting out which lately has been HOT. I'll take it though for now.

If anyone's got a plenum for a 99 expy that's complete, I'm interested. :p

MrDonDada

Reaction score
you hose are clogged. I had the same problem. you need to go to a repair shop that handles a/c and heat on vehicles only to get it power flush. I cost me 250.00