Noise on cold start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bmac1955

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Cold start flooding I use to start oil lubricating the engine before starting. Consist of holding brake pedal down along with a fully depressed gas pedal. After about 10 seconds take foot off the the gas pedal. I might suggest also to do oil changes at a regular interval. I do mine 2 to 3 thousand miles. That's just me. This site has many interesting points of interest. I am sure you find helpful points relating to your expedition. Good luck!

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Cold start flooding I use to start oil lubricating the engine before starting. Consist of holding brake pedal down along with a fully depressed gas pedal. After about 10 seconds take foot off the the gas pedal. I might suggest also to do oil changes at a regular interval. I do mine 2 to 3 thousand miles. That's just me. This site has many interesting points of interest. I am sure you find helpful points relating to your expedition. Good luck!
I'd be concerned of a cylinder being washed with gas or oil dilution. But that's just me.

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Make sure they do the thermostat so you don’t have to take it right back. I just got mine back from thermostat replacement today $260.

My local dealership quoted me 3 hours labor charge to replace thermostat, for a total of $567 excluding parts. I think it is insane.

OP
OP
R

rick619

Reaction score
Make sure they do the thermostat so you don’t have to take it right back. I just got mine back from thermostat replacement today $260.

What's wrong with the thermostat? It's my wife's Expedition and she's very cheap lol. Doubt she would do it unless there's a really good reason.

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
1718944016068.gif