Oddest thing I've ever seen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2nd Expy

Reaction score
HI all,

Really hoping someone knows what might be causing these issues with my 2005 Expy:

First symptom was the door ajar sensor failure and tire pressure sensor failure messages. When I got to work I was unable to lock the power locks. Heard a clicking noise coming from the right rear fender area so went to open the glass panel in the rear hatch...wouldn't open. So I opened the rear hatch via the handle and tried to lower the power 3rd row seats and they stuttered in sync with the clicking noise.

Then at the end of the day everything worked great.

Now the power lockes don't work, the power fold seats won't work at all and the sensor failure mesages won't go away.

Checked fuses, ground connections, etc. Found some moisture on the passenger's floor under the carpet and around the wiring harness that runs along the door sill. Dries that all out and still nothing.

Help!

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think there was a problem with the 03-06 gen Expy's and water leakage to the fuse area by front passenger's side kick panel.

BTW, when you say "passenger's floor," do you mean the first row passenger or the second row passenger floor?

Do you still have warranty?

OP
OP

2nd Expy

Reaction score
I mean the very front passenger...the co-pilot.

I've read those issues as well and thought that would be where I woudl find the problem but I see no signs of moisture other than under the carpet. The fuse box and every wire above floor level seems dry. I pulled almost every fuse out and no signs of moisture on the connectors. I even ran a haridryer around everything for a while to make sure all was dry.

The only moisture that would come in contact with wiring would be in the recess along the passenger door sill where the main wiring harness runs to the back. I've dried that up and have left it apart to further ensure it stays dry.

Spoke to four Ford dealers and none seen this before. One suggested ground or power supply to fuse box but both seem good.

I'm at a loss.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know...try the relays. If there was moisture there, water somehow got there, and may have corroded something. Who knows...

braduardo

Reaction score
On my 98 the washer fluid line to the rear window goes through the passenger side kickpanel. When I bought it I couldn't get the truck to hold washer fluid at all, until I found that the little hose had come off it's connection in the kickpanel. I don't know if the newer versions are the same, but might be worth checking out right away.

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you been using your air-conditioning a lot?
Check to see if the evaporator is draining properly. The evaporator has a tendency to plug up and leak water into the passenger compartment...Larry

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check the little 2" body grommet there under the passenger floor carpet. Right where your right foot would rest. They leak and it's right where the right front tire throws water up onto the underside of the chasis. I suspected the A/C drain as well until I pulled up the carpet. Went over the entire area with an electronic moisture meter and it was dry up high under the A/C drain. Only wet on the very floor and especially around that grommet area. You can look at the under side of the floor pan in that area and you'll see that the front tire dumps a chitload of water right there. As the vehicle ages those grommets dry out and shrink, losing their seal. I just silicone sealed the thing in there again and all is good now.

-Mike

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the last post was 2008...may not be an issue anymore