One month in, observations, questions and verification

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

mtrosclair

Reaction score
I got the oil separator installed this afternoon, that was probably one of the simplest things I've ever installed in a vehicle. The only real pain in the butt is the little clips to get the stock PCV hose off, other than that it's easy.

VBreithaupt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yes on J&L catch can, dealers know about them and don't care. Many are installing them on their own Fords.
I have the weather tech mud flaps and don't think they had the fronts come down as far because of clearance, if they were longer they may catch when going over things.
Ford makes nice metal skid plates for trucks that fit on our expys as well. I use my points to pay for them. You can find threads with parts numbers but replacing the transmission molded paper, tinfoil crap is a must.

OP
OP
M

mtrosclair

Reaction score
yes on J&L catch can, dealers know about them and don't care. Many are installing them on their own Fords.
I have the weather tech mud flaps and don't think they had the fronts come down as far because of clearance, if they were longer they may catch when going over things.
Ford makes nice metal skid plates for trucks that fit on our expys as well. I use my points to pay for them. You can find threads with parts numbers but replacing the transmission molded paper, tinfoil crap is a must.
That's good to know, I'm going to look into that because it would seem like that would be a no brainer.

Seems like this could do what I need.

Last edited:

BigOleFordFan

Reaction score
I did think of one other question, with the Timberline obviously I have the regular tail lights, not LED. I replaced the reverse lights with some bright LEDs, and I would like to do the turn/brake bulbs but I'm not sure if there is a preferred one that looks good in these housings, and won't cause any computer issues.
I'm not sure about the 22's, but in most older models (like my 011 EL), you have to either A) get LED's that have a built-in resistor, or B) get the resistors separately & splice them in, or your turn signals will start flashing about 10x faster than the original bulbs do, most commonly referred to as "hyperflash"...

The built-in ones cost a little more $$, but are a 1 & done install, whereas the LED's with out them will cost less, but require the purchase of the resistors (about $8-10 for a set) as well as the 2nd step of splicing the wires....

Choose wisely you must, because with this issue, help you the force cannot, hehehe...j/k :)