performance question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98expy

Reaction score
am i better off chipping my expy or getting a flowmaster exhaust.
I have already done gotts mod(as of today), and a drop in k&n air filter.
THANKS!

FtLaudBlkGT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Exhaust, especially a chambered muffler system will offer minimal power gains.. A chip will offer more performance. Do the drop in k&n and do the gotts mod.

mudryder18

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a superchips micro tuner and i like it, but everyone else on here will tell you to go with the edge programmer.

FtLaudBlkGT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Actually I am good friends with the people at Diablosport and this summer they are planning on finally making a tune for the lonely 2004 Expedition and my car will be their lab rat.

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually I am good friends with the people at Diablosport and this summer they are planning on finally making a tune for the lonely 2004 Expedition and my car will be their lab rat.

*****! How about 2007-2011

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the chip will offer the best gain but everything adds up... exhaust, intake, fuel

either way i had a edge cs but someone smashed my window and took it... i am now running the jet reprogram for power...

the jet is more smooth on the curve and gives the same adjustments as the edge but the edge was always rite at my finger tips where the jet is not

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a superchips micro tuner and i like it, but everyone else on here will tell you to go with the edge programmer.

my guy!!! on 2 of us on this site running SUPERCHIPS...i have the vortex 1950...

vp6799

Reaction score
I went with the SCT SF3 tuner and love it. The customer service with them is great and it offers a pretty good tune right out of the box. It definitely woke the truck up and I got an extra 3 mpg from it. The tune was even better after I did the magnaflow cat back exhaust.

Vic

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Racenut

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Both will give you performance gains, and true the programer might give you more but the true potential of the chip will not come out until the exhaust is opened up.

The more air you allow in the engine "gotts mod" the more air needs to go out, and if you do not open up the exhaust then you are not even seeing the full potential of the "gotts mod".

My .02 and take it for what it is worth, is do the rear cat delete and also get rid of the factory Y and rear resonator. Run two pipes into either an X pipe with dual mufflers, or run two pipes into a Dual In/ Single out muffler.

By running either a x pipe or a DI/SO muffler you will equal the back pressure in the motor and you will see a significant increase in power by removing the two rear cats the factory Y and the resonator. Plus you will pick up a little MPG's and the truck will not shift out of OD as much when you come to a small incline.