performance question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went with the SCT SF3 tuner and love it. The customer service with them is great and it offers a pretty good tune right out of the box. It definitely woke the truck up and I got an extra 3 mpg from it. The tune was even better after I did the magnaflow cat back exhaust.

Vic

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

what year and engine in yours? i was thinking about sct as well.

OP
OP

98expy

Reaction score
Thanks racenut for the exhaust pointers. looks like i will need to rethink my exhaust plans! i was just going to throw a force 2 in there! :badidea: lol

Racenut

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks racenut for the exhaust pointers. looks like i will need to rethink my exhaust plans! i was just going to throw a force 2 in there! :badidea: lol

Check out my album and you can see how I did mine. It does not show the rear cat delete ( just straight pipe in place of the rear cats ), but you can see the removal of the factory Y. I am running the Flowmaster 70 Big Block Series ( pretty quite but with a nice tone, until you step on it then it gets loud).

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
+ 1 for rear cat delete... and true duals... I don't have a X pipe.. but running flowmaster 40s.... might add the X when I need to redo my pipes...

as for programmer I would say go with the edge... I love mine and its nice to have extra monitoring right on your dash... up to 8 other things being watched

2000eb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i am running four, yes 4 magnaflow hiflow cats i talked to a bunch of shops and they said because my truck had the california emissions on it from the factory i had to have the 4 cats etc or it would trip sensors, which may or not be bs so i played it safe. i opened up my exhaust at the y pipe to 3 in to a flowmaster 40 series muffler. sounds awesome and woke my engine up alot, then i did the gotts mod because i already had the k&n dropin and wow. no idea if i could be gettin better mpg. cant keep my foot off the floor. very nice throttle response

2000eb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
now i just need to change my spark plugs but i really dont wanna do it and my ford dealership said like 700 dollars. they said its 50 dollars a piece for some new style plug that wont blow out of the head plus 300 in labor, any better ideas anyone

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i would take it into ford if your not comfy doing it. its a lot of work. but also they usually warrenty it.

SunsetAZ

Reaction score
does the 4.6 have the 4 cats? im in arizona we have emissions. i want to get the most mpg and power. but i gotta pass emissions.