Performance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08 fmf

Reaction score
Looking to get more power out of my expo I saw a k&n cai and gibson exhaust combo on ebay and a sct programer.Has anyone used this combo and will it really help or is it a waste of money.

alaskanexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
a SCT programmer with custom built tunes will give you the most bang for the buck. the exhaust and intake well im sure help. you will not feel the difference like the programmer.

NewbieVet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looking to get more power out of my expo I saw a k&n cai and gibson exhaust combo on ebay and a sct programer.Has anyone used this combo and will it really help or is it a waste of money.

Just put a K&N CAI in last week and I can definately feel the difference on the highway and when pulling out across traffic. Quite a bit more "get-up-and-go" plus I love the sound my engine makes when I slam the pedal. Go for it!!

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i put an exhaust on my truck...notice a difference...add the K&N...notice a difference...i have a superchips programmer...cortex 1950...87 performance....WOW!!! wakes the engine up...but i also have GAS XS...increase mpg's...truck is slower in response but my mpg's is awesome...especially on the hwy...thats the tune i use in the city...too many lights...so its constant stop and go...works great...cant go wrong with any brands with this type of combo

DF5.4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the Superchips Cortex tuner with the 87 octane tune on the truck. That made the biggest difference on the truck. On the 3 valve motor and 6 speed that makes the most power. http://www.superchips.com/Products/...ProductId/91/product/Ford_Cortex/Default.aspx Even a couple more than the 91 octane program. I added the K&N intake with the CAI program and it's even better. Someone stole the tuner out of the truck a couple of weeks ago so I can't try the mileage tune until I replace it.

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
The biggest change that I found with the programmer was how the truck shifted. Gone was that slow, soccer mom shift and a quick snappier gear change appeared with the touch of a button.

It should also extend the life of the trans, since less slipping, means less heat.

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im sorry but feeling a gain off an intake by itself or an exhaust is close to impossible. Its more mental than anything. The gains these companies claim are nowhere near what they are in real life especially with load on the car. You might see 3-5 hp gain on those mods if that which are impossible to feel. And even then the trucks computer is set from factory for the stock stuff. Sure you can reset the battery but the computer will only adjust within its parameters.

Long story short, you want performance get gears and a programmer. I know some are going to argue this fact but is simple facts and science.