Performance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
for me it was response...there was a difference...nothing that made me say OH MY GOSH!!! but there was something

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
for me it was response...there was a difference...nothing that made me say OH MY GOSH!!! but there was something

Correct response and performance gains are two different things but some people get them mixed up.

Example:

Response: My wife calls my name and I say "what" really quickly.

Performance: My wife calls my name and I say "what" while running very fast to her vecinity

:pepper:

DF5.4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I agree that the response is better with the CAI. I also have the CAI program from Superchips to go with it. I have heard that the 3 valve motors can throw a CEL with some of the intakes if the ECU isn't reprogrammed for it.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
solisimo;17264 Response: My wife calls my name and I say "what" really quickly. Performance: My wife calls my name and I say "what" while running very fast to her vecinity :pepper:[/QUOTE said:
quote of the year right their.... :flamingdevil::flamingdevil:

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well now we know who wears the pants in that house. :joke:

NewbieVet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
...but i also have GAS XS...increase mpg's...truck is slower in response but my mpg's is awesome...especially on the hwy...thats the tune i use in the city...too many lights...so its constant stop and go...works great...cant go wrong with any brands with this type of combo

GAS XS? Googled it but nada..

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
gas sx or xs...just go to superchips.com and look for vortex 1950