Pump stops before I'm full

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
orrrrrrrr...do what i do when this happens...hang up the pump and start again...same money is being spent just 2 transactions...

A lot of the ones around here won't let you do two consecutive transactions on the same card. You have to move to another pump or use another card.

Also, it still does it regardless of debit or credit. I just try to refill before I dip below the 1/4 mark.

It sucks people can't be honest, and pay after getting gas. They wouldn't have stopped doing the gas up, then pay thing.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i dont know how many times i got gas and didnt pay cuz i was so high it didnt click to go pay...i just knew i needed gas and food...got them both but only paid for food...

@ELVATO...we dont get our food then pay at fast food resturants...same method...although...i do prefer dine-in...thats another "being cloud 99 high" story...lol

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
Thank the Oil companies and a politicians for not being able to pump first and then pay...

BigDaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Around here, we have a convenience store chain called Sheetz that uses both a "Pump First" card and a "My Sheetz" card. They both allow you to swipe it at the pump and then pay inside when you are done. Most other places around here, particularly the truck stops, limit you to $75 on your card.

Dib52

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyone care to make donations for me? I preparing for a 4000 mi round trip from Tx to Pa in the next 2 weeks for some holiday fun. Can't wait to see what I'll pay for fuel up and down I40 and I81.

Big Red Monster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I've had an interesting problem filling up my 33 gallon expy tank.

It seems most gas station pumps are set to shut off at some configure limit. Even if I pay at the pump via a credit card! The Citgo near my house shuts off the pump at $75. A Marathon I tried shut the pump off at $100. Gas in the Chicago area is floating around $3.60 a gallon. If i bleed my tank dry and cost in on fumes, it should be about $115 to fill up. It's nice only having to fill up every other week, but I wish I could fill up all the way.

Any one else have this happen to them?

just wondering where in chicago are you? because at my station its 3.61 credit price and i see alot of expeditions come in daily. I see one new one on like 24s and he has hids it looks nice actually even so i like big tires instead of big rims

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I finally had to fully fill mine... used debit card twice at same pump... was only 81$... Now I know why I like my neon more as a DD....lol