Question about Headlamp bulbs / stock wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KeyserSoze

Reaction score
My stock headlamps are pretty lame and I do quite a bit of driving outside city limits where there are alot of deer and creatures out at night. Had a couple close calls and want to upgrade my night time visibility.

What is the highest wattage I can go with the stock wiring and switch gear and not cause any problems?

Thanks in advance,
KS

Dib52

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I switched over to SilverStars on all of my lights. Heck of a lot better over stock, brighter, crisper white light all with the same wattage. Just an idea.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HIDs are better than that...$35

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

mtondreo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am running Philips Ultra and happy with them. Have not made the jump to HID yet. The Philips give a much wider view. I actually picked them up at my local Kmart, so figured I could return them if I did not like them. Like your username by the way - great movie. Good luck - sorry I can not answer the wattage or current draw, Mike.

mark620

Reaction score
I have HID,s in my 2010...They are incrediable!!! I spent around $250 worth every penny. If you go with HID,s make sure they have Phillips bulbs and balasts, they are the best. The light will be brighter than anything out there because the stock housing is very reflective for a standard bulb. They are like a stronger version of a audi or bmw light. You might get a person high beamming you every now and then but they are not as bad as some of the ones the tuner cars are using. You see EVERYTHING on the road. Rain, fog, snow its better in every aspect. They offer them in the lic, nav, but not the expey..Thats ford for you..Good luck, don't waste ur money on the fog bulbs if you use HID's you will never use them..

OP
OP
K

KeyserSoze

Reaction score
Great stuff guys, thanks! do the HIDs work in the standard headlight housings and fit like a replacement bulb?

Thank you in advance..

OP
OP
K

KeyserSoze

Reaction score
don't waste ur money on the fog bulbs if you use HID's you will never use them..

I would if I could find some really bright Amber HIDs. Do those even exist? Amber is the best in snow and winter, which is when I primarily use them.

Thx!

OP
OP
K

KeyserSoze

Reaction score
I have HID,s in my 2010...They are incrediable!!! I spent around $250 worth every penny. If you go with HID,s make sure they have Phillips bulbs and balasts, they are the best. The light will be brighter than anything out there because the stock housing is very reflective for a standard bulb. They are like a stronger version of a audi or bmw light. You might get a person high beamming you every now and then but they are not as bad as some of the ones the tuner cars are using. You see EVERYTHING on the road. Rain, fog, snow its better in every aspect. They offer them in the lic, nav, but not the expey..Thats ford for you..Good luck, don't waste ur money on the fog bulbs if you use HID's you will never use them..

Do you ave a link or source for where you got them?

Thank you..

mark620

Reaction score
I got my set about a year ago on coolcarpartsonline.com I would call them and find out what your looking for and them shop the internet. I have had no problems with mine and they are phillips bulbs and balasts. Your better off with the white/blue color they are the best all around and awsome in the snow. The ppl on the site will direct you to the color thats best for you application.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
don't waste ur money on the fog bulbs if you use HID's you will never use them..

i wouldnt say NEVER...i have HIDs in heads and fogs...and i use mine every time i use my head lights and then some...when the sun starts to go down...i put my light switch on parking lights and kick my fogs on...EVERY DAY!!!

just depends if he wants to use them...so never say never...

this is how I roll...

IMG00205-20110701-2005.jpg

Last edited: