Radio/GPS for 2008

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Prestoj

Reaction score
The GPS on my Kenwood quit working a while back and to get it repaired I have to have the unit sent to Kenwood and not have any unit for a couple of months. Does anyone have any suggestions for a replacement unit that has Satellite radio DVD and GPS that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?

I can get my son to help me install it, but I am willing to have it done by a professional.

grandebob

Reaction score
im in the process of trying to install a jensen vm9424bt. has gps, xm option, dvd, bluetooth. Ill let you know how it works out. if only i could figure out where all of these wires go...

VTfireftr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Stay away from the Jensen units.

That's what I had originally installed in my 2008. The unit wound up crapping the bed after 4 months. I called Crutchfield and they let me upgrade to a Kenwood unit.

Everything, from the GPS to the Bluetooth, are so much easier and more inutuitive than the Jensen were.

I would just put the OEM unit back in while waiting for the repair.

Kenwood will take your unit in and send you a refurbished unit.

Hope it doesn't take too long.

Marc

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I loved the kenwood dnx7018 I had. Obviously someone liked more than me cause they broke in my truck and stole it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would just put the OEM unit back in while waiting for the repair.

thats exactly what i'd do...why buy another if you dont have to...if you dont have it anymore check out the junkyards and ebay for factory unless you have other stuff running to your HU...

VTfireftr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I believe that unit is a 5618. Great unit as I've already written.

If you need an OEM unit from a 2008, let me know. I still have mine.

Marc

VTfireftr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes.

Make me an offer I can't refuse.

It's the CD changer that come standard on the Eddie Bauer.

oblivion

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if you look around you can find a wicked deal on a Clarion NX501, all around great unit. I have yet to find someone who doesnt like it.