Rear A/C blower not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slc_matt

Reaction score
I have a 2012 Limited. The rear A/C blower does not come on. When I change the rear blower speed at the controls, I hear clicking in the back.

I checked all the fuses under the hood and under the dash that were labeled "climate control" or "blower." All appear to be good.

Thought it might be a bad blower motor. I have checked voltage to the rear A/C blower harness, and there is 0V.

I took out the blower motor resistor, I have continuity across all contacts. And there is 0V between all of the resistor connector inputs and ground. So I think I have missed a fuse or relay somewhere. Anyone know where I should start to look?

Thanks!

OP
OP
S

slc_matt

Reaction score
I found the problem. Sharing here in case someone else is looking, although I doubt it's a common problem. Long story short, I started at the blower wiring harness and traced the power wire back. I found that there was a cut in the wiring harness under the battery and that the power wire for the rear blower had been nicked and then had corroded/melted through until it made no contact anymore. I assume the cut came from road debris, or perhaps from a crash that is reported on the Carfax from 2014. Anyway, I spliced the wire and the blower now works fine.