Replacing most of the EVAP system to include the cannisters, vent solenoid and purge solenoid along with the fuel tank pressure switch. Any pointers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Replacing most of the EVAP system to include the cannisters, vent solenoid and purge solenoid along with the fuel tank pressure switch. Any pointers?

whtbronco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I suggest Motorcraft solenoids and pressure sensor, if you can find 'em.

Take the spare tire out, I found that made it easier to get to the fuel lines and vent hose. You have to take the spare out to get to the vapor canister anyway.

I also made a platform for my floor jack, it was just a large "H" basically. Mine was near full went the pump failed.

BlackCoffee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You are going to have to drop the tank. Consider the hose to the filler tube and vent. They are cheap and can lead to the slow leak code. Also, in front, there are two hoses. One is for the EVAP system and the other is the fuel line from the fuel filter to the fuel rail. The EVAP line is the larger line. It is not obvious because the hard plastic line goes up, over the top of the tank, and then comes out to the rail. The easy way that will save the connector up front it to just disconnect the line at the filter and then release it from the clips when you drop the tank. The connector up front get a lot more abuse from heat, undercoating, and road slush. It doesn't like to release easily. The vapor line is more compliant, but it sounds like you are replacing it.