Running Board lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i dont have running board lights...but its a thought to add some LEDs to it...wire them to the courtesy lights so they come on at the same time...

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i dont have running board lights...but its a thought to add some LEDs to it...wire them to the courtesy lights so they come on at the same time...

Your gonna need a nuclear reactor to keep up with the amount of lights you wanna add to that thing:rotflmao:

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i was thinking about that. the newly bed lined step looks really black. i like it. but then the lights kill it. and i have one out too. passenger front light. idk how to change them. i keep looking and cant find it. if you do ill follow.

OP
OP
LastExpo2000

LastExpo2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Your gonna need a nuclear reactor to keep up with the amount of lights you wanna add to that thing:rotflmao:

Solisimo, can you post some pics of how you have the lights on your rack wired up. I want an idea on how to wire them.

Panda, I'll around and see what I can find. It seems like you could just pop them out with a knife or flat head

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
from what it looks like the wires go into the housing. so i would think the back comes off some how. idk. i know people have step bars on the side. maybe THEY should help us out. cause they have to take the wires off some how.

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
There's a black cover underneith that is held on with a plastic rivet, pop that off and the bulb socket comes out with a quarter turn.

I changed mine with some cheap leds from advance auto parts. The sockets were kind of deteriorated on the contacts, and now after an Ohio winter they are goners.
Summit racing has new ones, gonna have to add that to the list.

Oh yea, go to the hardware store and pick up some of those black plastic push rivets, you're probably going to destroy them taking the cover off.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thanks for that. i think ill change mine to leds soon. when it comes to leds i have NO clue. i wish someone would be like. get these ones they work good and last a while too. but cant ever seem to get an answer to led questions i have.