SHOPPING FOR A NEW EXPEDITION

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You think an Alfa (especially a quad) is going to of higher quality and reliability than your Lincoln!?!?!??

Assume his evaluation process must not include reliability or similar feature content as the Navi if he's serious about the Alfa. Feature content (seating, towing, etc, etc) is apples and oranges. Why not wait for the new Escalade, etc....

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Assume his evaluation process must not include reliability or similar feature content as the Navi if he's serious about the Alfa. Feature content (seating, towing, etc, etc) is apples and oranges. Why not wait for the new Escalade, etc....

They’re damn sexy. And fast.

Vipersinu2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The 505 hp ferrari engine is wicked fast. The fluid in the back of my eyes could not handle the torque, I cant focus on the road in race mode full throttle. 0 to 60 in 3.5, crazy fast

The 1.1g cornering is awsome.

Down side. Its small :(

No GM in this house. GM was junk and is junk and never buy again, The new escalade kinda was a thought out in space, but I will not by 1st year model, or a gm. I have had fords for the last 30 years and liked the quality. Now I think ford is junk. Navigator is plain out shit show racing to beat the escalade. Well they failed in my opinion. a hyundai has the same or better quality than the lincoln, sad to say. I like to buy American and proud of it. What happed ford?

Last edited:

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The 505 hp ferrari engine is wicked fast. The fluid in the back of my eyes could not handle the torque, I cant focus on the road in race mode full throttle. 0 to 60 in 3.5, crazy fast

The 1.1g cornering is awsome.

Down side. Its small :(

No GM in this house. GM was junk and is junk and never buy again, The new escalade kinda was a thought out in space, but I will not by 1st year model, or a gm. I have had fords for the last 30 years and liked the quality. Now I think ford is junk. Navigator is plain out shit show racing to beat the escalade. Well they fail in my opinion. a hyundai has the same or better quality that the lincoln, sad to say. I like to buy American and proud of it. What happed ford?

I wish you luck, truly. I’m sorry you have had a bad experience. You have more faith in an Alfa built by FCA than I do. But I guess if you’re buying something like that you expect some...intricacies, whereas one does not when buying domestic.

lobsenza

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I believe that if Ford does not sell over a certain percentage of vehicles with the 3.73 axle ratio, the axle ratio do not influence the EPA rating. According to the EPA, the Navigator gets 1 MPG less than the Expedition. All Navigators have the 3.73 axle. However, they also have a more powerful version of the EB engine. So, if EPA ratings are to believed, the worst case scenario is 1 MPG less. I suspect part of that difference is the more powerful engine. This is true for both 4WD and 2WD versions.

My guess is you will not see a difference around town fuel economy and you will notice a difference of less than 1 MPG on the highway be changing the axle ratio. When I did my test drive, the 3.73 felt more powerful than the 3.31 axle ratio.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I believe that if Ford does not sell over a certain percentage of vehicles with the 3.73 axle ratio, the axle ratio do not influence the EPA rating. According to the EPA, the Navigator gets 1 MPG less than the Expedition. All Navigators have the 3.73 axle. However, they also have a more powerful version of the EB engine. So, if EPA ratings are to believed, the worst case scenario is 1 MPG less. I suspect part of that difference is the more powerful engine. This is true for both 4WD and 2WD versions.

My guess is you will not see a difference around town fuel economy and you will notice a difference of less than 1 MPG on the highway be changing the axle ratio. When I did my test drive, the 3.73 felt more powerful than the 3.31 axle ratio.

I’d agree with all that. You’re going to feel more power on the 3.73, and your mpg difference will be negligible. I didn’t buy the 3.31 to save gas and if you do so you’re fooling yourself. I bought the 3.31 because I didn’t need the extra towing capacity.

Rossue

Reaction score
Almost bought non HD Tow as my camper is 3100# dry. Then I realized it did not have the integrated brake controller and I did want that. I don't use the Backup Assist, yet the Electronic Limited Slip has already saved me from getting stuck. Have 12K miles with 10k towing. My camper loaded for camping weighs 4200#. Previously towed same camper for 5 years with a 2013 Yukon. It did good w/no problems, however this XLT is awesome- very glad to have HD Tow!