SOLD: BW4416 rebuilt transfer case for sale

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whtbronco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have decided to sell the transfer case I rebuilt for my 2004 Expedition. The rebuild description and pics start on page 4 of the thread noted below if there's any interest. It works fine after the rebuild and I ran it for a few weeks. Had the front seal not leaked a little, 1/2-5/8" spot overnight, it would still be in the truck. Both output shaft seals leak a tiny bit actually, the rear is very little, not enough to drip. If someone wants it I will resolve both leaks by tearing it down and replacing the seals. The front output shaft seal needs to be pushed like 1/32" further in and I have a new OEM style SKF brand seal for it on hand. The rear output shaft seal that came with the Standard Gear rebuild kit was not quite OEM style but it's easy to change so I figured I'd give it a shot. If someone wants the transfer case I will replace this seal as well, with a new OEM seal.

Rebuild with description and pics starts on page 4 of this thread:

The tag transfer case can be seen in the attached pic.

Best I can tell this will fit 2003-05 Expedition's and 2003-04 Navigator's.

It will need a shift motor and one of the two studs for the front driveshaft shield is missing. Otherwise it will be ready to install and run.

$500 or best offer local pick up, Winchester, VA. I really would rather not ship this thing, heck I can barely pick it up by myself these days. Shipping estimate on FedEx shows $179 to Orlando and $229 to San Diego, I just picked 2 random places. It certainly could be a bit more depending on size and weight of the packaging, small wooden crate in a box I'm sure. I used the weight and measurements on the Zumbrota website for reference If no takers I will drop it off at the salvage yard rather than the landfill.

Attachments

• BW4416 transfer case tag.jpg
    BW4416 transfer case tag.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited: