Stainless Steel brake lines, which brand?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zap Rowsdower

Reaction score
I am interested in getting a set (all 4 wheels) of stainless steel brake lines on my 04 Ford Expedition RWD. I'm asking the 2nd Gen Expedition community for some input on which brand to get.
I had a set (all 4 wheels) of stainless steel brake lines on my 02 Lincoln LS and I notice the difference when I stopped.
I would like to upgrade to bigger wheels on the Expedition eventually and would like to equip my ride with them now.

Here's one I found that replaces the lines for all 4 wheels:

Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Line Kit Ford Expedition 2002-2006 2003 2004 2005 13074

What brand are you's guys out there using?

-Rowsdower

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would be careful Zap. After the research I did, I couldn't fine any one that had them and Goodrich doesn't make them anymore. If you do order them and they are right and work, let us know cause I WILL order them also.

intelisevil

Reaction score
I know this is an OLD thread but did anyone find stainless steel brake lines for our 2nd Gens?

I recently installed some on all four corners of my '99 Mountaineer and what a difference, I really want some for my much heavier '03 Expedition!

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No I haven't

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

CertusExpo

Customizing trucks since I was 7 with my Legos
Reaction score
Yeah... This is an old post but had a question and a comment.

Question: If your brake lines are collapsed, is it possible the vehicle drive fine for a few miles and THEN start to feel like you're dragging an anchor?

Comment: Had a guy custom make SS brake lines for my son's Durango back in 2017. Can't find his info yet but I think my son might have it. When I find it, I'll update this post so y'all can get some made.

whtbronco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When my front right brake hose partially collapsed it would cause the caliper to drag intermittently. So I would think a collapsed or partially collapsed brake hose could easily cause problems after a few minutes of driving as it heats up the rubber is likely to soften some and if it's already compromised any impact would get worse.