Things to do to get my 99 expy Better preformance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chris23971

Reaction score
I own a 99 expedition and want to, get better preformance, but also better gas mileage, What upgrades can i do to my engine?
Help would be appreciated!!!

Brusky

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have done a good amount of bolt on mods and have seen gains in both performance and mileage from all of them but if i had to rate top 3 in order.

1. programmer/tune
2. Underdrive pulleys
3. CIA/ (alot of guys have done gotts mod and seem to see pretty good results if on a budget)

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
I'd have to agree with the above. There are other things that you can bolt on, but they aren't going to make a noticeable difference.

Skip the underdrive pulleys if you have a giant stereo installed, because you will need every amp that the alt can deliver and you want it spinning full speed.

oblivion

Full Access Members
Reaction score
add a cat back to that list as well, makes noticable difference when all are done together. and there are some kits out there that dont break the bank at all

Brusky

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Agreed.
As far as the underdrive's go. I have a small aftermarket sound system(jl 300/4)
Which runs all kenwood 5x7's in the doors on 2 channels and the other 2 Bridged to an 8 in the factory box. I can turn it up with ac, headlights and fogs on and my battery gauge dosnt budge. So I would say as long as you stay at or under 500 watts rms. you should have no problems.
As far as prices go
Bbk underdrive's $150 ( amazon )
Flowmaster force II cat back $300 ( amazon )
If your looking for a loud exhaust this is not the one. It sounds good but is very mild, (which is what I was looking for at the time)