Timberline is Surprisingly Capable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NevadaGeo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I remember when the Expedition first came out in the mid 90s, I used it to do offroad geologic work in the mountains of Nevada. As an off-road vehicle, it is perfectly weighted and balanced, with a perfect turn radius. My 2017 Limited was used for offroad geologic work and went on many mountain roads/streams and even bushwacking through sagebrush and scrub with the vehicle. It performed perfectly. Our credo is it may be easy to get in, but it is usually harder to get out of rough terrain. Yes, it can get scratched up (we call them Nevada racing stripes) but it can get you in as well as out. Adventure!

For those who think the expedition is made for only on road grocery shopping, go outside and smell the mountains. The expedition was made to replace the venerable Bronco, a well-known offroad vehicle. Get out and enjoy life with your 4x4 expy!!