Time for new tires, thinking maybe wheels to

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moeman

Reaction score
oooh, I like! so 33x12x18's fit without any lift or suspension mods? Hmmmmm.
Right, no lift. The 275/60-20's clear with maybe an inch to spare at most, so with the +18 offset I would be reluctant to go any bigger. I didn't turn the steering wheel when I put my 18's on it, so can't say for sure that they wouldn't rub. But, the tires are Toyo R/T's and they actually only measure about 32" (?). The 275/60's are a hair larger in diameter. So math says they should be ok. If you go this route it will depend on what the true diameter of the tire is.

kbot

Reaction score
I have an 18 Limited with 20' wheels. A friend of mine bought a 22 Exp King Ranch with 22" wheels. He has committed that my 18 rides better than his. So, he found some 20" factory wheels at a salvage yard and replaced them. Problem solved.

Left Coast Geek

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got my 18's from takeofftires.com. these guys resell 'dealer takeoffs' which come from new car dealers when someone buys a SUV or truck and wants different custom wheels on it at initial delivery. The particular ones I have came off a recent year F150 FX4 with the 'appearance package', complete with the new OE tires. I didn't even have to swap the TPMS, just use a ford tpms sync tool on all 4.

recent generation (2002+) F150 wheels are a direct fit on the 4th gen Expedition *except* the 4G Expedition rear axle stubs stick out about 1/2" too much for the stock caps to fit over them. solution is to cut off about 1/2" from the axle end.

note, Bronco, Ranger, and SuperDuty wheels are NOT the right offset or size.

Tonka

Reaction score
I got the Cooper Discoverer Road & trail AT tires. I love them the stick great even in rain I feel confident. They look aggressive and you will get a few rocks in them. You may feel them a little while driving. They are 18 inch factory wheel. I’ve been real happy with this tire though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dhmurphy1960