Tinted Windows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4Dude

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My Truck i had before my expo was an S-10 blazer and i had them do Limo tint in the back and the darkest legal on the front two.

It was a major pain to see while backing up at night, half the time i had to roll down my drivers window just to see outside. Driving at night through your rearview mirror, all you could see were headlights barely. It was nice during the day, but a pain at night. Not sure if i'd go that dark again, but i might...Limo is really nice to have, as no one can see in your windows at night even with a flashlight :)

I guess it's a good safety thing, cause i travel sometimes with a lot of $$ worth of DJ gear in the back of my truck.

Remo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I went with just 20% black over the driver's and front passenger's windows. It's a very good match with the factory privacy glass on the rear of the vehicle.

As far as looks, limo tint all the way around looks the best on the outside, but you really need to think about whether or not it's worth doing. I like my privacy and I like keeping my sound system and other stuff hidden, but limo is just too hard to see out of.

Even by just adding the 20% on the front, I have a lot of trouble seeing out. Night time and/or rain/snow make it very hard to see out. Just the other night I clipped a granite curb with my right rear tire and cut the sidewall because I could not see well enough out my windows. So that's something to think about...

PaisanNYC

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I used to have 5% on my old Camry sports coupe and I guess I adjusted fine because I had no problems seeing out of it. I am clueless when it comes to how to tint, and i'd love to tint my two front windows. the wife bought me window tint at walmart but i dont have the guts or patience to do it. Anyone around me want to do it for me for a lil cash?

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd probably return that Walmart stuff and put it towards a good tint job. Apparently, Lumar is the "good stuff."

I'm going to do it in a week or so, Lumar 20% on the front windows. I was quoted 80$ here in Orlando, and 65$ in my hometown. I guess I'll just see who can take me in first :)