Various module communication issues and J2534 adapter suggestion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
whtbronco

whtbronco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What adapter/scanner/software are you using or would use for calibration?
My Zurich Pro scanner can perform the module calibration, but it can't complete the process due to seized ride height sensors. I'm not going to try to resolve this issue. I have no interest in spending time/money on a system I will never use again. Of course if I find it causing issues for other systems I may have to, we'll see.

So this code will remain:
C1991 - Module Calibration Fault. Vehicle Dynamics Module(VDM), basically air suspension.

I also got the driver mirror sensor codes again this morning unfortunately. After replacing the clutch coil in the transfer case I had 2 scans without the mirror codes, so it's intermittent now I suppose.

B2320 - Driver's mirror horizontal position sensor circuit fault. Driver Seat Module(DSM).
B2324 - Driver's mirror vertical position sensor circuit fault. Driver Seat Module(DSM).

Truth is all I have really learned from this entire process is that I'm not sure any of the testing/troubleshooting I did would have lead me to replacing the transfer case shift motor and clutch coil. I did occasionally get a code for the 4WD module when this started so maybe I'd have gotten there in the testing, but back then the shift motor and coil were still working.

I can likely resolve the mirror sensor faults, heck it could be due to the suspension calibration fault, LOL. Okay, that's unlikely but just as ridiculous as the shift motor/coil causing a communication bus issue that lead to nearly all the codes/faults identified in the first post of this thread. I just don't know that I care enough at this time to pursue it. I need to get a rusted rocker panel replaced first for sure.

I wish there was a feasible way to download the code for each system, then identify and eliminate the programming for the systems I don't want or use and then unplug those specific modules.