Water inside front Ford emblem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grandebob

Reaction score
My ford emblem is peeling pretty bad too, and mine isn't under warranty any more. Was thinking of replacing it with a "Canyonaro" emblem.

DF5.4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine was looking bad too. I ended up gently scraping the clear off and cleaning the blue off with some acetone. I now have a chrome emblem on the front of the truck.

DF5.4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That sounds like it might actually look better. Any pics? Was it hard to get it all off?

It took some time to get everything off. You can't scrape too hard to get the it off or you'll scratch the emblem. If you look in my albums you can see what it looks like.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
go to patriotdecals.com...you can order custom overlays for like $8...got that for the rear and steering wheel...$15 including shipping

OP
OP

911jason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It took some time to get everything off. You can't scrape too hard to get the it off or you'll scratch the emblem. If you look in my albums you can see what it looks like.

Thanks, it looks good! I might give that a try this weekend. What did you use to scrape off the clear part?

go to patriotdecals.com...you can order custom overlays for like $8...got that for the rear and steering wheel...$15 including shipping

I think I'll try removing it first, if I don't like it, the scraped off chrome surface will still make a better spot for the sticker. Wish that site had a USC Trojans emblem... I can't find the right image to use for a custom one.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
email/call them...theyre pretty easy to work with...they sent me samples to color match mine before i ordered

OP
OP

911jason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can I use standard fingernail polish remover for the acetone or do I need some sort of specialized product?

DF5.4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can try it. I have a can of acetone so I haven't tried nail polish remover. Just don't let it sit too long and don't get it on the paint.