What's the black thing on my 07 dash?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justinburger

Reaction score
I have a 2007 eddie bauer and I have no idea what this black thing on my dash is supposed to be. It's on the drivers side to the right of the steering wheel. It's the black thing with slots in it.

Attachments

• 2007_ford_expedition_limited-pic-38623.jpg
    2007_ford_expedition_limited-pic-38623.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 5,570

VTfireftr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You must have a 2 wheel drive Expedition. It's a secondary coin holder.

In 4 wheel drive trucks, the 4 wheel drive selector knob goes in that location.

OP
OP
Justinburger

Justinburger

Reaction score
Thanks! I didn't want to believe that's what it was. I wanted it to be something cooler! Oh well.

911jason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The weird thing is, there are wires running into the back of it. I found this out during my car stereo install last week. I was thinking about mounting the bluetooth mic inside that little cup and drilling a hole for the cord through the back of it but there is a bundle of wires that terminate on the back. No idea what they could be for. Coin warmer? =)

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The weird thing is, there are wires running into the back of it. I found this out during my car stereo install last week. I was thinking about mounting the bluetooth mic inside that little cup and drilling a hole for the cord through the back of it but there is a bundle of wires that terminate on the back. No idea what they could be for. Coin warmer? =)

I think all trucks get the same wiring harness. That would be the wires for the 4wd switch.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2