which wax do you use?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

El_Tranquilo

Reaction score
Mequiars Mirror Glaze #26 Hi Tech Yellow (paste) wax.

Some things shouldn't be rushed,
.....sex,......music,....a good buzz,....marinade,...and....
.....waxing your vehicle

G

On the recommendation of a friend who has a classic car, I tried Zaino. A pain-o to apply (multiple coats) to a vehicle this large. But worth it.

Here's what I used:
Z2 Pro with ZFX Flash Cure Accelerator (2 coats)
Z2 Pro w/out the ZFX to help deepen the shine
Z8 - a show car detailer glaze that is great
Z6 - more of a daily shine enhancer like Meguiar's Quick Detailer but superior to that. Very nice

The Z8 and Z6 are not esay to wipe off but are fantastic products. My 2004 Eddie Bauer is white and I can even notice the depth on the light color.

The collection of material I detailed above is about $85 delivered and it takes some serious time to apply and remove. The shine is even better than Meguiar's and that is coming from a 25-year Meguir's only guy.

lakmflx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Zaino is some really good stuff. I use it on my T/A and i love it. There is also a new Zaino product coming out soon that all you have to do is apply it and then walk away as it dries itself. This will cut time tremendously on having to dry/wipe off the wax hopefully it will work with good results.

Edit*

I wanted to add what a Zaino distributor had posted on a different site. So here it is.

There will be a few new products, the first two should be out soon, one is an all in one cleaner wax, the other that you may have read something about on a detailing site, here is the release. I have been using it for some time now, it kind of feels like you're cheating.

QUITE WORKING TOO HARD & WASTING TIME!

JUST APPLY & LET DRY!

Zaino Z-CS Clear Seal is finally here after years in development. From conception to realization, the principal and design emphasis of Zaino Z-CS Clear Seal was quite fundamental - an advanced total synthetic polymer protectant that is simply wiped on, and that's it! Yes, achieve Zaino award winning gloss and protective durability in ONE simple wipe on step. Wipe on, and walk away, you're done. No buffing. No final wipe down. Simplicity at it's best. Just apply & let dry.

Zaino is pioneering the industry with Z-CS, a self curing transparent sealer that doesn't require any buffing or final wiping. Z-CS dries clean and without residue. Use Z-CS on paint, glass, wheels, plastic, or trim for the protection, durability, slickness, and gloss that Zaino is most popular for.

No more short-lived-shine carnauba or silicone based products. No more weak or soft waxes that offer weeks if not mere days of protection. And finally, no more laboring over application. Z-CS is it.

For up to 9 months protection to top coat Zaino Show Car Polish protectants, or use Z-CS by itself (no ZFX). You can even use Z-CS as a top coat to add high-gloss and improved durability to ANY other manufacturer's product.

You'll have to forgive our enthusiasm for the release of Z-CS. We are VERY proud to have accomplished the height of product simplicity with a no compromise approach to cutting edge development and industry leading gloss and durability. There simply is not another product like Z-CS in the industry.

Less than 1/4 ounce of Z-CS will complete an average sized vehicle.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm.... that sounds kinnda cool. Might save some time.
I've always used the Nanowax stuff. Before that, I used the Armor all. To me, they come out practically the same, except that the Nanowax is easier to apply.

How much does the new stuff cost?

pronstar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I personally like Zaino, but I really think most of the name-brand stuff is pretty good.

I perfer the synthetic stuff. Carnuba looks great but doesn't last very long, and is a PITA to use.

I was gonna start to look at some locally-available waxes when my Zaino ran out, but lakmflx's post has me thinking that I've got to get me some of this new stuff.

pronstar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
lakmflx - Zaino says that the new AIO Z-CS Clear Seal that you mention will be available for shipping on 2/7.

Thanks for the tip!

lakmflx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
:D

As far as pricing goes... I havent found a link anywhere that says how much it will cost...

G

I don't see that new Zaino product on the Zaino site.... How odd.