02 expedition wiring circuit for fuse 2 and 15 under the dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

radrac

Reaction score
Looking for circuit diagrams for the fuses 2 and 15 of what they feed or yes should say what they protect. I'm having a draw on them and wanting to run the wires to find out what's making the draw it's an '02 Ford expedition. XLT two-wheel drive. Nothing special. Nowhere ride coil springs. Never had air ride in it if that helps. Any help. Any information for where to get the wiring diagrams or someone having will be greatly appreciated.

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Fuse 2 may go to the instrument cluster. I can't find 15 in the HAYNES manual, which is sketchy. What doe the owners manual say it is supposed to be? Might narrow it down. There are two locations for fuses, the BCM module under the dash and junction block under the hood.

You can't properly measure parasitic drain unless the body control module goes to sleep . This could take 20 to 40 minutes. It is tricky because the quiescent current should be in the order of 20 to 30 ma yet the vehicle current can be much higher depending on lighting and other loads. I measured this with 2 ammeters in series and with a jumper across the one measuring milliamperes. After about 40 minutes, seeing that the current had dropped in the high amp meter, I removed the jumper across the milliampmeter to verify. You must close doors, hood and arm the alarm to do the test.

I fixed my parasitic drain by pulling fuses for the rear wiper. The motor has a problem where it won't park and thus, the BCM thinks it needs to keep sending power to the motor.

OP
OP
R

radrac

Reaction score
I have already done all that that's why I know on five or not five on fuse 2 and fuse 15. I'm having a little bit more draw than what I should be having. I'm just not sure what's all on that and what what it feeds. That's why I'm looking to see if anybody has a diagram and you don't have to keep the doors shut. You have all you have to do on the doors is tripped the latch. The lights will go out and then you turn around and hit your keyless entry door locks twice till it beeps and in 40 minutes everything goes to sleep. The light under the hood you unplug it and you leave it back into series because that's a mercury switch on it. So all you have to do is just unplug it and plug it loop it together. I've done it. Like I said I've done all that I've got them measurement of .04 Milliamps on fuse 2 and on 15 I have .09 milliamps on it. It has an aftermarket radio which brings the total milliamps up to 1.68 milliamps. So I know the radio is part of the problem but I believe there's a problem on fuse 2 and on fuse 15. I've pared it with my '02 F-150 putting the meter in line at the battery and it has no draw when it's sleeping at all

OP
OP
R

radrac

Reaction score
Fuse 15 says it runs the gem for your calling at the body control module same thing ABS brake switch shift lock switch PCM inputs. That's why I'm looking for a circuit diagram that will show 15 so I can narrow it down and do it. A lot easier than trying to pull everything apart. I have though with the line meter in line of disconnected the brake switch. The ABS the shift lock switch and the drain did not go away and I've took everything out out like charging cord in the cigarette lighters double check made sure the lights was out. I'm thinking maybe and I don't want to be thinking that but I think the gem module is probably going out cuz I believe it says fuse too is for the PCM and for the temperature and stuff for the overhead console which I have the small overhead console just like what's in a F-150. It's not one of those other ones with the long section to it with other stuff

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
From my notes, see attached. 1) 45 minutes to low power mode. 2) 23 ma acheived at low power mode. 3) fuse 15 does power the GEM . 4) Battery saver relay can fail as can interior light relay.

Attachments

• EXPY GEM Module.doc
    366 KB · Views: 4

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I should reiterate, remove the fuses for the rear wiper motor. If the park switch does not work in the motor, the GEM will stay awake. For that matter, the front wiper could do same thing.

OP
OP
R

radrac

Reaction score
Rear wiper is unplugged need new motor , do you have anything on fuse 2