2017 Expy front wheels off the ground not easy to turn?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Samuel Street

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am experiencing some rattle and ticking sound when applying brakes on the left front after the dealer resurfaced the rotors and replaced the pads. I jacked up the truck and I am noticing turning the wheel off the ground takes a bit of effort? Is this normal. The right front is about the same.

eddytheexpy

Reaction score
Do you have 4x4? idk about how 4x4 works on later years but the IWE on my 2011 engages when vacuum is released which also happens when the engine isn’t running. So if that was my rig in the air I’d be fighting the front drive components to turn the wheels as well. So possibly this could be operating as expected.

Last edited:

Bryan Segura

Reaction score
Hi,
I have 2011 Ford Expy, mine did same thing after changing front brake rotors and pads, front drivers side was sticking, passenger side was too, but no as bad as drivers side,so I changed front calipers and brake hoses and still was doing it, nearly burnt new rotor and pads on drivers side. Changed master cylinder and that fixed my issue.