2022 Expedition ABS shudder when moderately stopping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cemmert3

Reaction score
Hey guys, i work at the Preston Ford store and im a bit stumped this morning. 2022 has codes
★IPMA U2107:68:2F
Collision Mitigation By Braking
★IPMA Control Module
U3000:89:2E
There is a TSB for these codes, however it applies to vehicles built on or before may 13, 2022. the build date on this vehicle is may 15, 2022. So the tsb doesnt apply to this vehicle. i updated the IPMA and ran a IPC configuration, both successful. problem still persists and i only have a code for lost comms with the active air dam module.

Control Module

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey guys, i work at the Preston Ford store and im a bit stumped this morning. 2022 has codes
★IPMA Control Module
There is a TSB for these codes, however it applies to vehicles built on or before may 13, 2022. the build date on this vehicle is may 15, 2022. So the tsb doesnt apply to this vehicle. i updated the IPMA and ran a IPC configuration, both successful. problem still persists and i only have a code for lost comms with the active air dam module.

Control Module

Does the vehicle have after-market electrical device like start/stop eliminator? I got all kinds of weird issues when lower connector of the eliminator was loose, like the passenger heated seat being turned on "secretly" even when the button was off, or the power rear liftgate feature stopped working occasionally, or AC stopped working intermittently.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
★IPMA Control Module

Control Module
Try to process the TSB and see if that resolves it. The timing is within a weeks production window, there is a chance a defective component could have made it through that close.

OP
OP
Cemmert3

Cemmert3

Reaction score
i ran the IPMA update and the IPC configuration. problem still persisted. Monitored all 4 ABS sensors on datalogger via FDRS. RR found to have a jump in the signal when the pedal jolted.

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i ran the IPMA update and the IPC configuration. problem still persisted. Monitored all 4 ABS sensors on datalogger via FDRS. RR found to have a jump in the signal when the pedal jolted.

Then perhaps it's the time to install new sensor(s), or check the wires?

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What do you mean pedal jolted?
When it was depressed or rebounded?
Swap sensor with RL and see if issue follows sensor.