2024 XL STX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UDM1

Reaction score
I am considering a 2024 Expedition XL STX. I located several at local dealers that are for government sale only. Has anyone been able to acquire an XL from a dealer or does it need to be ordered?

Breadman

Reaction score
I have a 2021 STX. Have not ever seen another although I’m sure they are out there. Mine was a special order that someone backed out on. Bought this model as a hunting rig, works great with the dogs in the back.

OP
OP
U

UDM1

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I too have a large dog and lots of luggage when driving cross country twice a year. Im going to look at one tomorrow that the dealer says is for government sale only. We shall see.

VCFP153

Reaction score
Actually, STX is supposed to be retail-only, so the XLs you have found must not be STXs. That said, I purchased my XL Max SSV from a dealer, brand new.

Attachments

• 20240227_155237.jpg
    20240227_155237.jpg
    337 KB · Views: 11

KimP

Reaction score
I am considering a 2024 Expedition XL STX. I located several at local dealers that are for government sale only. Has anyone been able to acquire an XL from a dealer or does it need to be ordered?
Have you been able to see one in person? I'm trying to find out when you put the second row seating down flat does the back turn into a solid floor? I have a 2004 Expedition that I have never even raised the 3rd row and would love to have a little cargo area. I have 3 labs in crates that take up the car. I'll need to order, so want to be sure this is what I want.
Thanks for any input.

Breadman

Reaction score
Yes, back cargo is fairly flat with second row seat down. I’ve a large Dakota and a medium Dakota kennel and could run 4 crates no problem. Not much room for anything else with 4 crates but doable. Only negative is tie downs in back are not very sturdy. I utilize the second row seat frame for tie down point.