HID conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
okay, i am tired of having dim ass lights. how do i upgrade my current housing to handle HID lights. i want to do the same for my fogs as well.

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
:hmm:

+1

I would just like to swap my headlights out for better ones....any recommendations?

jjbusa

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do it i have them on all my cars n trucks n bikes

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
nvy you dont need to upgrade the housing. just get the HIDs that are the same bulb type as what your headlights are. you can get bi-xenon since you have hi lo together. id say go to http://ddmtuning.com/ since it is right by you.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
go bixenon. its a little extra $$. like $5-10 i think per light, but then you can have the hi beams. which you need for cali anyways. my friend has hids in his lightning style lights and they are nice and bright. i think if you call up ddm it MIGHT be plug and play, but dont take my word on that.

OP
OP
nvycrmn

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
can you send me the seller alaskan? and did this just consist of replacing the bulbs with the new HID bixenons or do i need any kind of harnesses as well?

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if its plug and play then you have your connector for the stock lights. plug in the new harness, mount the ballast somewhere. install light. plug in light. turn switch. good to go. if its a custom set up, idk...? google and youtube are your friends there.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At least you don't have the fresnel housings. Those things suck.

I've also had success with VVME. The only issue on my sister's (9007) bi-xenon is the harness was wired differently. A quick google search fixed the issue. If you order the bi-xenon, it should already come with the relay harness, ready to plug in.

If you want to mod the housings, you can get projector retrofits (not the ebay crap). This would give the the best output, but this involves different bulbs (depends on projector, though probably D2S). This involves taking apart your headlight.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlself