How Secure is SecuriLock Passive Anti-Theft System (PATS) ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mako825

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Picking up my 2024 Ford Expedition XLT next week. Then going to drive it around the US for a week or two. While we're traveling, I'm obligated to stop and visit a family member for a few days. The city where they live has a terrible problem with the cars of hotel guests being stolen. And sadly, it happens at all the hotels there, even the priciest ones. With my paper temporary plates, I feel certain my new Expedition will not go unnoticed.

My Expedition comes with this option: SecuriLock Passive Anti-Theft System (PATS) and Inclination / Instrusion Sensors. Does this really work?

If it doesn't work, are there other anti-theft measures that do?

I appreciate any help here. I didn't even think about this until looking to book hotel reservations and saw reviews and news about this problem.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So, one day I left my 14 year old in the expy while I ran into the grocery store. About 15 min go by and she is calling me saying that car is going crazy honking the horn on its own and I also get a Fordpass push notification on my phone at the same time that the vehicle alarm is present with interior intrusion blah blah(I forget the exact wording it gave me). Turns out I must have pressed the lock button on my key fob arming the alarm while I was in the store and her movement in the interior tripped the sensors lol So my alarm is definitely working and should work with yours.

CDNRabbit

Reaction score
It's super sensitive. I get a nice fordpass notification in bed when I forget the sunroof popped open during light drizzles. Well my first reaction is to get ready to fight off intruders, but eventually I figure out it's rain coming through the sunroof.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Picking up my 2024 Ford Expedition XLT next week. Then going to drive it around the US for a week or two. While we're traveling, I'm obligated to stop and visit a family member for a few days. The city where they live has a terrible problem with the cars of hotel guests being stolen. And sadly, it happens at all the hotels there, even the priciest ones. With my paper temporary plates, I feel certain my new Expedition will not go unnoticed.

My Expedition comes with this option: SecuriLock Passive Anti-Theft System (PATS) and Inclination / Instrusion Sensors. Does this really work?

I appreciate any help here. I didn't even think about this until looking to book hotel reservations and saw reviews and news about this problem.
Chicago?

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score

It works, and the system prevents hot wiring, it will go off if someone reaches into the vehicle too.
You can't really move these things without the key.
one thing a buddy in SF did was get plexiglass that was cut the same size as the outer windows but thin so you couldn't notice it. Smash and grab is a pain in the rear. But the window breakers they use don't work on plexi even the thin stuff.

OP
OP
M

Mako825

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I appreciate all the information. Never had one that has this system or worked with Ford Pass. Can’t wait to pick it up and spend a few days getting familiar with it.

Wayfun

Reaction score
Is there a way to disable the interior sensors? We've had ours go off a number of times while traveling with our dog. We stop for gas or at a rest area and run in to use the bathroom and the dog sets off the alarm.

AJ82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is there a way to disable the interior sensors? We've had ours go off a number of times while traveling with our dog. We stop for gas or at a rest area and run in to use the bathroom and the dog sets off the alarm.
When you turn it off, it asks you if you want all sensors or perimeter only. Choose perimeter only and it will ignore the internal sensors. There is no way to default it to that option that I'm aware of so you would have to do that each time you get out.