Passanger Door rattling/squeaking Noice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stsysar

Reaction score
I have annoying squicking sound which seems to be coming from the front passenger door when I drive over bumps. Anyone else experience this? Any recommendations?

The dealer told me to make an appointment and leave the vehicle for a few days. I am not sure when I will get to this, so I want to try figure it out in the meantime. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

2023 Expy Max, 4x4, HD towing pkg, elsd

Stan

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Stsysar

Reaction score
Sorry, forgot to include vehicle details. It is 2023 max. I have updated my initial post....

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have annoying squicking sound which seems to be coming from the front passenger door when I drive over bumps. Anyone else experience this? Any recommendations?

The dealer told me to make an appointment and leave the vehicle for a few days. I am not sure when I will get to this, so I want to try figure it out in the meantime. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Stan

If you want to diagnose it yourself, you could park in a quiet spot (garage?), open the door and slowly and methodically push on the door panel to locate the squeak.

If you can’t find it - I would lube the door latch and striker post, and the door check strap and hinges. Then operate the door several times.

Check the rubber accordion conduit that is between the A-pillar and the door. Some are fastened with a “press fit” and no fasteners, when it connects to the A-pillar. Ensure the conduit is seated and not torn.

You may want to use silicone dielectric grease (sold in most auto part stores in a small tube) to lube the various door weatherstips.

All of this will take a short amount of time. If you locate the squeak in the door panel, it MAY be a fastener behind that is not fully seated.

OP
OP
S

Stsysar

Reaction score
Thanks. I will try your suggestion.
While the car was running, pushing on the trim while the door was closed caused the door to unlock and running boards to deploy. Does this mean I have an issue with my door lock?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks. I will try your suggestion.
While the car was running, pushing on the trim while the door was closed caused the door to unlock and running boards to deploy. Does this mean I have an issue with my door lock?

What portion of the trim panel were you pushing on which caused the door to unlock?

OP
OP
S

Stsysar

Reaction score
What portion of the trim panel were you pushing on which caused the door to unlock?
I found that the top trim panel has a fair bit of play (more than the driver door). Pressing along the top near the manual button unlocked the car and deployed the running boards.

Attachments

• 20230813_193354.jpg
    20230813_193354.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 19

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I found that the top trim panel has a fair bit of play (more than the driver door). Pressing along the top near the manual button unlocked the car and deployed the running boards.

Did you buy the vehicle new? It looks as though the inner door panel has previously been removed, and not installed properly? Any warranty repairs?

USKflt

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Stan
Our 2022 does the same on most doors. With the doors closed, I can push down on the exterior handle and can hear the creak. I’m fairly certain it’s the latch/striker that are creaking and all bolts are tight. Just haven’t taken a chance to lube all the latches/strikers yet but I’m hoping that does the trick. Super annoying as everything else is solid (outside of an intermittent rattle in the driver wheel well that my parents’ 2020 KR also has).

OP
OP
S

Stsysar

Reaction score
Did you buy the vehicle new? It looks as though the inner door panel has previously been removed, and not installed properly? Any warranty repairs?
Bought it new. No work was done on the vehicle. Only had the front windows tinted.