Passanger Door rattling/squeaking Noice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bought it new. No work was done on the vehicle. Only had the front windows tinted.

I wonder if the tint installer used a trim tool to bend back the top of the inner door panel, so the window tint would be below the glass line on the door panel - causing the issue?

OP
OP
S

Stsysar

Reaction score
I thought about the tinting installer but since I did it months ago, it will be hard to prove anyting. It was a reputable shop that I used before with nonproblems. At this point, I will let the dealer look at it when I go for next service and see what they will say.

Last edited:

RacerBX1

Reaction score
After a couple of months of ownership of my 2023 Timberline I started to get the squeaky passenger door and have tried the door tap/pounding method to find it with no luck. Yesterday while driving and the light squeak was almost constant I reached over and grabbed the overhead grab handle (not the one on the A-Pillar) and the squeaking stopped and has not returned. Not saying it won’t return, but I am very relieved I found the cause of the noise my station wagon is making. Wanted to post this so others with the same problem can give it a try. I have overhead grab handles above all doors except the drivers, so not sure what other trim levels have.

OP
OP
S

Stsysar

Reaction score
It seems that that it is in fact the overhead passanger grab bar that causes the squeak. The is some sort of clanking sound when I pull on it but the squeaking stops. Thanks for sharing your experience - it solved my mystery!!

roybus14

Reaction score
Have a brand new 2023 Limited Stealth Edition (Purchased 11/07/23). Tonight, Wife noticed the squeaky passenger door as well.

Item #3 to add to list for dealer when I take it in tomorrow morning.

1. Liftgate rattling/misaligned.
2. Running boards extended time to retract not working.
3. Squeaky passenger door.

Thanks for posting about squeaky passenger door.

I love Expeditions as I still have my 04 XLT. But I’m concerned with my issues and other issues like the door as it appears to be quality issues in production.

The nice bells and whistles are nice but a quality built truck throughout is also a must!!

Regards,

philyg

Reaction score
I have the rattling liftgate and squeaky passenger door as well... Did the dealer fix the issues?

roybus14

Reaction score
I have the rattling liftgate and squeaky passenger door as well... Did the dealer fix the issues?
Lift-gate fixed. Panel was not clipped in correctly and they had to add spacers. No more noise.

Door is still and issue that my wife hears but I do not. Rode with tech and they could not hear it either…. I will try some on the lubing suggestions I saw here….

CDNRabbit

Reaction score
Anyone find a solution to the rattling squeaking grab handle? Mine came back with a vengeance today when the temp went below freezing overnight.