Source for sliding plastic part that the OEM roof rack cross bars attach to?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmden

Reaction score
2014 here. Anyone aware of a source for the black sliding plastic part that the OEM roof rack cross bars attach to? This part slides back and forth in the roof rack 'tracks' at either side of the roof so you can put your cross bars where you want them. I buggered one of them up.

OP
OP
J

jmden

Reaction score
Another OEM set here for $30 and free shipping. Prob not gonna get better or easier than that. Done. Thanks anyway.

OP
OP
J

jmden

Reaction score
The parts above that I ordered (link above) must be an updated version of what came with the vehicle. I just popped the rear black plastic trim piece off at the end of the rail, had to do a little maneuvering to get the sliding black piece out that the OEM crossbars attach to and slipped these in. The OEM versions had little plastic 'arms' coming off of each end of them that this new version does not. I also found that the ones apparently labeled for the left side (LH) actually fit the right side and vice versa and came to that conclusion after studying the original pieces and then trying both. One nice upgrade to the new parts is that the reason I needed a new one was because of the plastic 'button' on these sliders that you initially drop the crossbar down onto and then pivot it forward and lock it down with the screw--I'd buggered up one of the plastic buttons and my confidence wasn't super high about it supporting much weight. That 'button' is now a much sturdier metal screw that screws into a stainless steel plate in the slider and can be tightened down itself, as opposed to just being a part of the overall plastic molding of the slider. So, all in all, the updated part seemed like a better part to me. I have 20 ft surfski (open water racing kayak) on those OEM crossbars most of the time, so I depend on that system.