2019 Intermittent AC blowing warm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wahooslayer

Reaction score
2019 Platinum, while on a road trip in very hot Florida, AC would not blow cold after a stop (blew warm air), and did not work for the remainder of the trip. It worked great for the first hour or so of the trip. Didn't sound or feel as though compressor was trying to engage. Next day and since AC is fine. Battery is less than 1 yo. Thoughts?

OP
OP
W

Wahooslayer

Reaction score
I was not aware of any overheating issue, nor has there ever been. I am the second owner, no updated thermostat to my knowledge. Ty for the response.

OP
OP
W

Wahooslayer

Reaction score
AC stopped working again today, took it to a local repair facility. Ford master tech diagnosed vehicle, spend about 45 minutes going through systems with his scanner , believes it is a bad compressor. Estimated repair cost $2500, perhaps more if the condenser needs replacing. Kinda sucks for a 39k mile vehicle.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score

ROBERT BONNER

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just a couple of comments: Only 39K on a 5 year old vehicle, wow! These are complicated systems, your mechanic could be correct; but, I would ask a few questions, like: 1) What has failed on the compressor, the clutch, or an internal failure? Generally, if it is an internal failure, there will be noise. 2) When it is running and stabilized at a specific ambient, what are the low and high pressures in the system? (there are numerous online charts that show pressures by ambient and what they can mean) If the pressures are OK, you likely have a control failure as opposed to refrigeration system failure. You don't want to get into a whack-a-mole starting with the most expensive component. 3) If an internal compressor failure has occurred, the belt and the filter/separator must be replaced as well, at the very least.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out!

OP
OP
W

Wahooslayer

Reaction score
Thank you, I am definitely in agreement about not guessing from the top down. I am not convinced about this diagnosis and intend to investigate further.

Crankenny0

Reaction score
My rear ac unit located in the back passenger side had to be replaced, kept leaking out the freon. Drove me nuts as im a diy’er but i just couldn’t figure that one out so I took it in. Once they said what it was i got on youtube to see if it was something i could tackle in the driveway, not easy, and just bit the 2,500 dollar bullet. Been blowing ice cold throughout the summer and dealer said the ac system now has a 2 year warranty through them since they worked on it. Good piece of mind.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dhmurphy1960