2022 Expedition Max Stealth - issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justink995

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone else is having the same issues as we are with our Expedition max Stealth 304A

Current list is:

1. Roof Leaks water in multiple spots - Front and Rear: I have video
2. Left Rear C panel window leaks water : I have video and picture
3. Radio goes black and takes up to 5 minutes to turn on
4. Transmission shifts hard in multiple gears when in 2wd, when in 4wd vehicle drives/shifts great
5. had to replace OE tires due to the belts breaking in two of the tires - common with many of these 2022 due to sitting at the lot for months on end
6. Driver instrument cluster goes black for 30 seconds and then turns back on - multiple alarms have popped up on our Fordpass.

Local dealer we bought the vehicle From
Is out a couple weeks before i can drop
It off.

All are issues and the mast being the biggest since this vehicle drivers my 4 kids around daily.

Thanks Justin

OP
OP
J

justink995

Reaction score
Vehicle was ordered and purchased new from our local dealer. The vehicle was ordered in October 2021 and was delivered July 2022. It sat in the lot in Kentucky for 4 months prior to delivery.

Vehicle has 37,*** miles as well. Just the normal driving, we have taken the vehicle to Florida twice and once to Boston.

LegalBrief

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Your out of warranty… need to dig further, did you buy esp? How many actual days out of service? How many times did you take it in? What state was it registered to new?

OP
OP
J

justink995

Reaction score
I do have B2B 100K thru ford.

Vehicle has been in the shop twice for a total of 2 weeks, it is scheduled to go back in 8/6 to get looked at again. I have asked the GM if they can get it in sooner, but no answer yet.

Registered in Texas

TonyR0206

Reaction score
For the screen blanking out, push and hold each of these buttons on the steering wheel for at least five seconds: the volume down button and the "next song" button. The buttons are the very bottom left and bottom right buttons on the steering wheel. This will reset the screen anytime it malfunctions. I hope this helps and that you find resolution with the rest of your issues!
I was wondering if anyone else is having the same issues as we are with our Expedition max Stealth 304A

Current list is:

1. Roof Leaks water in multiple spots - Front and Rear: I have video
2. Left Rear C panel window leaks water : I have video and picture
3. Radio goes black and takes up to 5 minutes to turn on
4. Transmission shifts hard in multiple gears when in 2wd, when in 4wd vehicle drives/shifts great
5. had to replace OE tires due to the belts breaking in two of the tires - common with many of these 2022 due to sitting at the lot for months on end
6. Driver instrument cluster goes black for 30 seconds and then turns back on - multiple alarms have popped up on our Fordpass.

Local dealer we bought the vehicle From
Is out a couple weeks before i can drop
It off.

All are issues and the mast being the biggest since this vehicle drivers my 4 kids around daily.

Thanks Justin

BigOleFordFan

Reaction score
It sounds like a vehicle that has been abused.
No,. it sounds like a vehicle that was FUBARRED at the factory, and everywhere else it went after that !

In most states, after 3 repair sessions with no fix, the lemon laws can be invoked & should allow you either a complete refund or a suitable replacement vehicle....

If it were me, I would be contacting Ford Corp offices, and/or lawyering up, like, yesterday. Just be 1000% certain to document every single fact, date, time, contact info, person(s) you speak to & their title & location, their responses to your inquiries etc etc..the more details the better, for you :D

I do have B2B 100K thru ford
Is this a business vehicle or your personal one ? Otherwise why would you have B2B esp ?

The above lemon laws will be a little different for business uses, but should still protect you if that's the situation...