2022 Expedition - Schedule for production ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rpw2021

Reaction score
As I begin the fifth month of waiting for my Limited Max (and about three weeks into an off-site chip hold), I do wonder whether any of the last 18 months will result in changes to the way that auto manufacturers plan their production. Most of the top executives have been raised in an era where streamlining supply chains, outsourcing, and just-in-time inventories was the absolute gospel. It does seem like some review is in order. As others have noted on this thread, as frustrating as we customers find these delays, I am sure Ford management is 1000x as frustrated with the state of affairs. Imagine investing billions in a car model design, new tech, and marketing.. The model gets great reviews, and customers flock to buy it. And then .... nothing. You sell only a trickle. Worse, your dealers and customers scream bloody murder at the situation - and it puts all kinds of new pressures on systems like tracking and customer communications that they weren't designed to handle. What an awful mess.

I'm sympathetic to Ford. I wish their tracking system was better -- seems like categories like "in production" and "built" have sorta lost their meaning -- and could use more and clearer communications. But this is a global problem (have you tried to buy a dishwasher lately?!) in manufacturing right now, and we seem to be a year or more off from any end of it. So I wonder what the long-term response will be.

But mostly I wonder when my car will be loaded on a train.

mrmustang

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not sure how that is relevant here. I am a super speciality surgeon. I could be wrong, but I feel that people in my profession have some understanding of how customer service works. But yes, thanks for your perspective.

I admit my wording was incorrect. The location of the rep was not the point at all. In fact I believe expeditions are being built in Kentucky. So even Michigan is not very relevant when talking about the assembly line team/department.
All I was saying is that the dealer does not work for ford. They work for a separate company.
At no point was I rude to that rep. I could disagree with them without being rude. I just disagreed with the rep about what I thought was a factually improbable statement they made which is that an employee of a dealership (which is a completely different company than ford); will have more information than someone working at ford. And that the dealer will have to contact someone at ford to get actual data. After I pointed that out to the rep, they did say they agreed with that statement. They also said that they cannot give out the phone number of the direct line to the person/department whom the dealer contacts for more information.

I didn't complain to the rep about the delays. All I was pointing is the lack of a better customer experience from ford. Again, I didn't say that to the rep. I am just posting about that on this forum.
I was just using part of your post, I was not at any time singling you out. Having spent time with the board of a non profit hospital run by a Catholic order of nuns, I have the utmost respect for your profession, and for that matter, anyone in the medical profession.

Bill

mrmustang

Full Access Members
Reaction score
But mostly I wonder when my car will be loaded on a train.
OK, I'm showing my age, remember the old Bartles and James commercial, the one with the two old guys sitting on rockers stating

"It will be any day now, aaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnyyyyyyyyyyyy dddddaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy"

Bill

Bman25

Reaction score
We should be asking the wiper motor info guy what gives!!!?? Did they come in, was this not the only thing they are missing? Who was that joker, let’s ask him!!!!??

shanafan

Reaction score
We should be asking the wiper motor info guy what gives!!!?? Did they come in, was this not the only thing they are missing? Who was that joker, let’s ask him!!!!??
His update:

“The information that I am getting is that we have about 3400 waiting for motors. We received about 1200 to install this weekend. I will check the ones coming off the line Tuesday night.”

Cadet7263

Reaction score
Curious, for the people like me, who have been "in production" for an extended period of time, how many of you have the HD Tow Package?

Cadet7263

Reaction score
And as I figured, I have sat and done my research, for Expeditions coming off the line the last week, they are being fully built, with the tracker showing the build is complete and waiting for shipment. I have even found a few that have the identical builds as mine. I knew once mine got put "Off Site" that it would sit there until they got around to it. I know someone we say that I could be wrong. But I have been able to pull the window stickers as well as the tracking for these vehicles. They were ordered after mine by a few months, and they went in to production within the last week and are built. One even went in to production yesterday, and is listed as built yesterday and is already awaiting shipment. Identical build as mine. Mine has been offsite for 20 days now. Can't tell me something is not wrong with this situation. On top of that, it was a dealer order, and not a customer order.

Cadet7263

Reaction score
Not sure, I can tell you I have numerous examples now saved on my phone of Expeditions that went in to production in April that are now complete awaiting shipment or already shipped. Anything I have pulled up that went in to production Mid to late March, is still in production, which means it was moved off site for a chip hold. So, instead of moving more vehicle off site for a chip hold, they are completing the ones coming off the line now, while ours wait in a lot somewhere for them to eventually get to them.