2022 Expedition - Schedule for production ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cadet7263

Reaction score
Xraytek 22 pinged Cyberdman at Blue Oval. The two of us are both waiting on Navigators built nearly the same time and in the same status.

Cyberdman's info says

Awaiting Shipment - Delay - Convoy Carrier Kentucky Truck, KY Apr-11-2022, 00:00 UTC

So maybe I am built but the shipping is the issue.
Good Luck, I hope you get it ASAP.

kkigs

Reaction score
Xraytek 22 pinged Cyberdman at Blue Oval. The two of us are both waiting on Navigators built nearly the same time and in the same status.

Cyberdman's info says

Awaiting Shipment - Delay - Convoy Carrier Kentucky Truck, KY Apr-11-2022, 00:00 UTC

So maybe I am built but the shipping is the issue.

Yeah, seems like one hurdle after the other... just stay positive.

1649776660875.png

mrmustang

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, seems like one hurdle after the other... just stay positive.

View attachment 72933

With the cost of fuel, manpower, maintenance of equipment, I can see why Ford would want at least a full truckload to get from one area of their production to a specific dealer or two in the same area. While the old way of transporting vehicles, and the old way Ford dealers used to floorplan (cars actually in inventory, on their lots) is no longer in play, it is up to Ford corp to keep their buyers and their dealers properly apprised of the delays. Surprisingly, special orders are up, dealer inventory is down, this is not just Expeditions, or even Ford related, this is across the manufacturers spectrum, and the Canada to Mexico corridor. Also, "just in time" production has been globally affected by COVID, and shipping/logistical issues that few of you will ever understand unless you are in a supply chain field, specifically in the production planning or actual production line. I say all of this as someone who has been there, if the parts, or parts for the sub assemblies are not available, or stuck on a container ship awaiting it's turn to unload, or stuck in a port, in a container, awaiting a ship to actually pick it up for initial shipping.....Well, you get the idea.....

Bill

wannabeMtb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Must be some dealer or union rules that forbid pickup at the plant. I think it is called "Featherbedding".

Anyway, I called ford marketing today (Apr 12) since I was earlier given a delivery date of yesterday (Apr 11).
In the past (in march), whenever I had called them, they have always stuck to the Apr 11 date with a straight face. Today, they dropped all pretense of knowing when my vehicle will be delivered. They admitted they have no idea when it will be delivered. They said perhaps my dealer might know more information. When I argued that there is no way that a dealer sitting in california will have more information than ford motor co itself; the rep mentioned that they are just the marketing department with access to some high level vehicle status information. Whereas the dealer has direct line to some people closer to the assembly line.
I also asked the rep whether they are shipping any vehicles at all. They said that they are indeed shipping vehicles. And that they stopped taking orders for several vehicles so that they could clear the 22 backlog.

I have been "In Production" since Feb 16. And currently on microchip hold for 3+ weeks.
22 limited max, 302a, hdtow

Last edited:

Cadet7263

Reaction score
Must be some dealer or union rules that forbid pickup at the plant. I think it is called "Featherbedding".

Anyway, I called ford marketing today (Apr 12) since I was earlier given a delivery date of yesterday (Apr 11).
In the past (in march), whenever I had called them, they have always stuck to the Apr 11 date with a straight face. Today, they dropped all pretense of knowing when my vehicle will be delivered. They admitted they have no idea when it will be delivered. They said perhaps my dealer might know more information. When I argued that there is no way that a dealer sitting in california will have more information than ford motor co itself; the rep mentioned that they are just the marketing department with access to some high level vehicle status information. Whereas the dealer has direct line to some people closer to the assembly line.
I also asked the rep whether they are shipping any vehicles at all. They said that they are indeed shipping vehicles. And that they stopped taking orders for several vehicles so that they could clear the 22 backlog.

I have been "In Production" since Feb 16
So yours is built, just wanting to be shipped?

krlecraft74

Reaction score
No it’s built but on a chip hold, it still says in production, the dealer checked and told me it’s been built for over 2 weeks and was taken off site waiting for a chip,

mrmustang

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When I argued that there is no way that a dealer sitting in california will have more information than ford motor co itself; the rep mentioned that they are just the marketing department with access to some high level vehicle status information. Whereas the dealer has direct line to some people closer to the assembly line.
Disclaimer: This is not pointed at any one person, but I am using the quote above for reference. I do not work for Ford, or any subsidiary, but I have 40+ years working in and around companies, both that I privately owned, and fortune 500 companies. In no order, warehouse, production based, customer service, management, IT, sales, service, inventory control, facilities management, and everything in between.

You do realize that when you are calling in to Ford customer service or marketing, you are getting an operator that is not located in Michigan at all. Greenville, SC, Houston, Tx, Watchung, NJ, Greenbay, Wisconsin, California (office address not listed, may be 3rd party employer) just to name a few. Thousands of these customer service reps can plug basic details in to the Ford database, thus, most do not have access or a level of access to respond to all of your questions with certainty. They are supposed to be trained in advising you of what they can, not what they cannot. As such, and it happens in all corporate or third part call centers, some may offer you more information than they can. Most is gleaned from other calls and customer service reps, or from an escalation that was used for training purposes, and yes, sometimes even from hourly email blasts from Ford corp, or their uplink/suppliers. All are human beings who are just trying to do their job to the best of their abilities. As such, please remember this when speaking with them on the phone, both sides of the equation should be calm, cool, and collected. Respectful requests for a supervisor callback are met with more positive results than yelling and screaming into the phone and causing more drama than there should be. Finally, remember, there are ten's of thousands of people just like us, awaiting delivery of vehicles that they have had on order for months on end. Ford as a corporate entity does not make money by sitting around with vehicles unbuilt, or undelivered. You can bet they are doing the very best they can in our current state of the world to get the missing parts secured and installed. Only at that time can they ship a vehicle and generate income to cover the rest of their company.

Hope you find this somewhat eye opening and instructive.

Bill

wannabeMtb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Disclaimer: This is not pointed at any one person, but I am using the quote above for reference. I do not work for Ford, or any subsidiary, but I have 40+ years working in and around companies, both that I privately owned, and fortune 500 companies. In no order, warehouse, production based, customer service, management, IT, sales, service, inventory control, facilities management, and everything in between.

Not sure how that is relevant here. I am a super speciality surgeon. I could be wrong, but I feel that people in my profession have some understanding of how customer service works. But yes, thanks for your perspective.

You do realize that when you are calling in to Ford customer service or marketing, you are getting an operator that is not located in Michigan at all. Greenville, SC, Houston, Tx, Watchung, NJ, Greenbay, Wisconsin, California (office address not listed, may be 3rd party employer) just to name a few. Thousands of these customer service reps can plug basic details in to the Ford database, thus, most do not have access or a level of access to respond to all of your questions with certainty. They are supposed to be trained in advising you of what they can, not what they cannot. As such, and it happens in all corporate or third part call centers, some may offer you more information than they can. Most is gleaned from other calls and customer service reps, or from an escalation that was used for training purposes, and yes, sometimes even from hourly email blasts from Ford corp, or their uplink/suppliers. All are human beings who are just trying to do their job to the best of their abilities. As such, please remember this when speaking with them on the phone, both sides of the equation should be calm, cool, and collected. Respectful requests for a supervisor callback are met with more positive results than yelling and screaming into the phone and causing more drama than there should be. Finally, remember, there are ten's of thousands of people just like us, awaiting delivery of vehicles that they have had on order for months on end. Ford as a corporate entity does not make money by sitting around with vehicles unbuilt, or undelivered. You can bet they are doing the very best they can in our current state of the world to get the missing parts secured and installed. Only at that time can they ship a vehicle and generate income to cover the rest of their company.

I admit my wording was incorrect. The location of the rep was not the point at all. In fact I believe expeditions are being built in Kentucky. So even Michigan is not very relevant when talking about the assembly line team/department.
All I was saying is that the dealer does not work for ford. They work for a separate company.
At no point was I rude to that rep. I could disagree with them without being rude. I just disagreed with the rep about what I thought was a factually improbable statement they made which is that an employee of a dealership (which is a completely different company than ford); will have more information than someone working at ford. And that the dealer will have to contact someone at ford to get actual data. After I pointed that out to the rep, they did say they agreed with that statement. They also said that they cannot give out the phone number of the direct line to the person/department whom the dealer contacts for more information.

I didn't complain to the rep about the delays. All I was pointing is the lack of a better customer experience from ford. Again, I didn't say that to the rep. I am just posting about that on this forum.