2024 expedition vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skud

Reaction score
Hopefully they stepped up like mine and replaced them for you? I have had no issue taking the adhesive off by soaking them with some goo gone and and light rubbing. Techs always trying to find a fast way out.
No. They sat on it for a month with me trying to keep it moving. Finally, they said they were going to repair them. They had a wheel repair guy come in and repaint the insides.

RazrM5

Reaction score
Update. Well, still waiting on the Michelins to be installed. Dealer scratched the problem tire wheel up with a wire wheel brush on a drill when removing the weight adhesive on the rebalance, so they are ordering a new wheel to replace it. GM was not happy that the techs were doing this and he has since taken that away from them:facepalm: . Wheel came in last week, but when they opened the box, they noticed a dent in the wheel, so the second wheel shows up today and guess what, that one is dented in the same area as well. I will need to go look at them, maybe that's the issue is the wheels?

Any update on yours RazrM5?
Picked the Expy up on Thursday evening last week. Took the Stealth to Gainesville, FL from Miami, FL to witness compete destruction. My service rep said the field engineer stated it was a 'balancing issue'. Driveline was fine. They road force balanced the Defenders...

I must say that it was vastly improved. But still... at 74MPH there is (less pronounced) 'shimy' in what appears to be the driver's side front only. It's pedal and steering wheel. I pushed the vehicle to 90. It seemed to dissipate. My passenger knows the entire history and I had him on the look-out for vibes. He repeatedly said it was smooth, even at 85+. I can detect it while driving and can probably live with it. Just took so much damn work to even get to this point - without complete eradication. I will probably shop elsewhere for this class of SUV next time - unless they correct this issue.

Get Defenders and road force balance. Check for dents in wheels. Pretty much all one can do.

ib_jigged

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ford really needs to figure out how to ship a wheel! 3rd wheel showed up yesterday at the dealer with a scuff in the same area as the previous 2. Now we have a full set of scratched/dented wheels (including the one they damaged). :( However, I was able to test drive a new King Ranch that just came in with 285/45-22's in the Pirelli Scorpion Verde's. I will definitely say that these ride much smoother and no vibration compared to the General Grabbers that are on our Stealth that have a vibration (one bad tire as well). The Quick Lane at the dealership ordered in a set of Michelin Defenders and also a set of the Pirelli Scorpion AS Plus 3's. I may pull the trigger on the Pirelli's at this point, but have until we get a new undamaged wheel in to make that decision. I have spoken to many people with the Pirelli and they all are very happy with their choice. Same as the owners of the Michelin. Not sure I can go wrong with either tire at this point. Anything will be better than the vibrating General Grabbers!

Skud

Reaction score
If you have had the problem documented in the RO a long time ago, that’s the “event” go find the dealership General Manager and let him know. If he won’t take care of it call Ford… you have to give dealer a chance to make it right first.

Documented complaints are your friend
Still going back and forth with the dealer. They told me to call Ford and gave me a number. Ford must get a lot of complaints about tires because the lady I spoke with came back with a canned response:

1) The tire warranty is:
0-12k miles - 100%
13-24k miles - 60%
24-36k miles - 30%

Then proceeded to tell me that there are no exceptions and there is no one else to speak to an no one else who can help me in this regard - as if it was part of the canned response. I hadn't even asked for an exception or to speak to anyone else, so it was a bit strange I was told that.

Went back to the dealer with the above and I haven't been able to get a call back for a week. They're still saying the warranty is only 12k.

Last edited:

LegalBrief

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@Skud run around sucks, technically the tire warranty is from the tire manufacturer not Ford. A trip to the tire store may circumvent the idiocy, but I would suspect (hope) the General Manager when he hears the bad data flow will make it right.

2018ExpyPlatinum

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lots to read here, so I'm sorry if I'm repeating anything. I'm going to say that there's a build issue here. I'm no mechanic, but NO modern vehicle should have ANY vibration over 70 mph....period! Yes, maybe partly tires, especially with those POS Generals. I have 22's, 62K miles, on my second set of tires (OEM Hankooks and now Michelin Defenders), I've had mine into triple digits, regularly drive on I-10 at 75-85 mph.....NO issues. This is a Ford build issue.

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lots to read here, so I'm sorry if I'm repeating anything. I'm going to say that there's a build issue here. I'm no mechanic, but NO modern vehicle should have ANY vibration over 70 mph....period! Yes, maybe partly tires, especially with those POS Generals. I have 22's, 62K miles, on my second set of tires (OEM Hankooks and now Michelin Defenders), I've had mine into triple digits, regularly drive on I-10 at 75-85 mph.....NO issues. This is a Ford build issue.

You may try 20" or 18" wheels? There are tons of them for sale on ebay. For what I read here , it looks vibration problem is more severe on vehicles with 22" wheels. I don't see anyone here complaining on the vibration issue with 18" wheels yet.

2018ExpyPlatinum

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You may try 20" or 18" wheels? There are tons of them for sale on ebay. For what I read here , it looks vibration problem is more severe on vehicles with 22" wheels. I don't see anyone here complaining on the vibration issue with 18" wheels yet.
It might be worse on 22's, but I have 22's and don't have any issues. My point is, it's not the wheels, it's not the tires overall, there's something wrong with the vehicle. Again, Ford just denies. Imagine if you drove to work daily on an interstate at 70-90 mph and it vibrates. Would you stand for that? Would you allow your wife, your family, to drive it? Just another reason I don't see myself buying another Ford....probably not anything American again either. The quality is terrible and Ford and GM don't stand behind their vehicles anymore. Sorry for the rant, but something is wrong here.

ib_jigged

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Vibration is gone! Finally got the Pirelli Scorpion AS Plus 3's mounted on and could not be happier! No vibration or shimmy felt at speeds up to 85mph. Very smooth and quiet tire! 100x better than the stock General Grabbers!

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    169.4 KB · Views: 7
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    183.4 KB · Views: 7
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    194.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

24ExpMaxLtd

Reaction score
Ford replaced my OEM Grabbers with Grabbers then finally replaced with Michelin Defenders - there is no real improvement so I think that settles it for me that this is 100% a manufacturer build issue