2024 expedition vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ROBERT BONNER

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Editorial comments:

1) Good luck with the lawsuit thing
2) Someone taking their '24 in needs to stare down a Service Manager and ask to have the driveline angles measured, printed, and reported. if you get one of those blank stupid WTF are you talking about stares, go to another dealer until you get someone who knows what you're talking about.
3) "HazBeen" needs to be reading this thread......You have a '24 MY problem.

KE2016EXP

Reaction score
Update on vibration issues: 1100 miles and back at the dealer for the 3rd time. They have tried everything do with the tires. Tried new tires, tried different rims and tires from know good vehicles. The vibration is still there over 70. I agree with someone who mentioned this is beyond the tires. I believe the tires my cause the issue to become worst. I am in a loaner XLT and it does not have vibration at all. The service is trying his best to fix but if he is fighting bad design I do not know how far he will get. I did call Ford Motors and they just took my information with no promise to followup. And told me I can send a letter to Consumer Affairs.
I do not know how or when this will end. Ford really needs to step in and get control of this quickly.

Joenomad

Reaction score
Recently traded in a 2019 Limited Stealth RWD for a 2024 Limited Stealth 4WD and you folks had me sweating my decision. Both standard wheelbase. The 19 had OEM Hanook tires and I couldn't wait for them to wear down, pulled the trigger around 40K for Michelin Defender tires in 22 inch. The 2024 has the General grabber tires, which I wasn't thrilled about. Took it on the interstate, at 60 to 70, no vibration even with taking my hands off the steering wheel. Got it over 70, then 75 and finally enough space to go over 80 mph. I never experienced any shimmy, shake or excessive vibration. I count myself as fortunate. The 2024 also has the CCD with sport tuned suspension.

ib_jigged

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Michelin Defenders being installed as I type this. I will be sure to let everyone know the results!

Skud

Reaction score
Got my vehicle back yesterday. Nothing really fixed. For the vibration, they decided to road force balance the tires and all of a sudden two tires are faulty. Apparently, all the previous balances have just bee regular balances without road force. According to them, if a customer wants a road force balance they have to specifically ask for it. I guess asking "Hey, do you guys do road force balancing" and then "OK, I'd like a balance" isn't good enough..

Here's the kicker - they're saying that I have to pay to have the tires replaced. The tires have too many miles on them for Ford to cover them. It doesn't seem to mater that I've had the issue since new off the lot and they've balanced the tires four times now.

For the transmission issues, nothing can be done until it throws codes. They say they don't know what to fix unless there is a code telling them what to do.

1724961824357.png

View attachment 82108

View attachment 82109

1724961895902.png

LegalBrief

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you have had the problem documented in the RO a long time ago, that’s the “event” go find the dealership General Manager and let him know. If he won’t take care of it call Ford… you have to give dealer a chance to make it right first.

Documented complaints are your friend

ib_jigged

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Update. Well, still waiting on the Michelins to be installed. Dealer scratched the problem tire wheel up with a wire wheel brush on a drill when removing the weight adhesive on the rebalance, so they are ordering a new wheel to replace it. GM was not happy that the techs were doing this and he has since taken that away from them:facepalm: . Wheel came in last week, but when they opened the box, they noticed a dent in the wheel, so the second wheel shows up today and guess what, that one is dented in the same area as well. I will need to go look at them, maybe that's the issue is the wheels?

Any update on yours RazrM5?

Last edited:

Skud

Reaction score
Update. Well, still waiting on the Michelins to be installed. Dealer scratched the problem tire wheel up with a wire wheel brush on a drill when removing the weight adhesive on the rebalance, so they are ordering a new wheel to replace it. GM was not happy that the techs were doing this and he has since taken that away from them:facepalm: . Wheel came in last week, but when they opened the box, they noticed a dent in the wheel, so waiting for another new wheel.

Any update on yours RazrM5?
Exact same thing happened to me. Vehicle was brand new with less than 1000 miles. I asked for the tires to be balanced and the techs took a wire wheel to every tire and took of the paint.

ib_jigged

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Exact same thing happened to me. Vehicle was brand new with less than 1000 miles. I asked for the tires to be balanced and the techs took a wire wheel to every tire and took of the paint.
Hopefully they stepped up like mine and replaced them for you? I have had no issue taking the adhesive off by soaking them with some goo gone and and light rubbing. Techs always trying to find a fast way out.