2024 expedition vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RazrM5

Reaction score
RazrM5, keep us posted as to what you find!

I am ordering the Defenders this morning. Hoping that cures the vibration in ours.
You will notice an immediate and visceral difference in the vehicle. Ride quality and handling will be an immediate upgrade. The Michelin were able to corral about 80% of the vibration in my vehicle.

Skud

Reaction score
This morning, I dropped off my 2022 Max SPP at the dealer for a list of issues - one of which is the vibrations. This would be the third time I've had it in for this. Got an Escape as a loaner and on the same roads my Expedition is shaking this thing drives smooth as glass. Night and day difference.

Also, I've found that a lot of the shaking I feel at lower speeds may be from the transmission. It shudders a lot - especially around 35-40mph in 9th and 10th gear. It's hard to discern vs road imperfections, but on roads I *know* should be smooth as glass my expedition is always shaking, bumping, or vibrating.

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm really bewildered about this and actually a few other problems. Are we at a stage where people do not diagnose problems anymore? Folks just throw parts at it. Sorta mechanics by elimination, throw enough stuff at it and maybe will hit on something. Yet people get pissed off when the dealers do the same thing.

Off my soap box. Guess I'm too old.

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You will notice an immediate and visceral difference in the vehicle. Ride quality and handling will be an immediate upgrade. The Michelin were able to corral about 80% of the vibration in my vehicle.

I get it. But you still have a 20% vibration. Do you live with it? I guess going through all the bs that you have been through any improvement is a plus. Having said that, to me it seems that your problem has not been corrected only masked by a good tire.

ib_jigged

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm hoping the bad tire is the culprit on mine! If not, they will continue to dig into it as I will not settle for any vibration on a stretch of road that won't shake other vehicles. BTW, the Dark Horse, was smooth as silk on the same stretch and the sticker on that is about $14k less than the Expedition.

RazrM5

Reaction score
Deflation level 6. Pushed it past 80MPH and the passenger seat started vibrating. It’s improved with the Defenders but there is larger issue with this vehicle’s engineering and configuration. Hitting independent mechanic in the AM. Will have him lift it and test. He will also drive it.

If no solution… straight to Ford Cust. Service / Corporate.

RazrM5

Reaction score
Update: independent mechanic drove vehicle up to 85 MPH. Identified vibration. First impression after history of tire balancing and tire replacement with Michelin defenders is that it is the Dr. train. He’s going to put it on a lift and take a look at all potential symptom generators.

I have noticed that the car drives better with the new tires under 73 mph. Vibration starts at 73 MPH and gradually worsens. As you approach 83 mph, there is a visible and audible shake of the passenger seat if no one is occupying it. This was not present before with the Grabbers.

The Michelin’s taketh and also giveth away.

KE2016EXP

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2024 limited and can not get the vibration fixed. Brand new less 1000 miles. Have brought it back twice...dealer put new tires.it got better but not fixed. I have the General grabbers 22inch. Has anyone had luck with getting the dealer to give you a different brand? I can not even enjoy my new vehicle... plan to go back for a 3rdti next week. Any advice

Thanks

ib_jigged

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just purchased a 2024 limited and can not get the vibration fixed. Brand new less 1000 miles. Have brought it back twice...dealer put new tires.it got better but not fixed. I have the General grabbers 22inch. Has anyone had luck with getting the dealer to give you a different brand? I can not even enjoy my new vehicle... plan to go back for a 3rdti next week. Any advice

Thanks
Our dealer determined that one of our General Grabbers was bad, the would replace tire under warranty or give us $400 towards a set of our choice. We ordered Michelin Defender LTX M/S 2's and will have them installed this week. Hopefully this takes care of our vibration issue. I had more about this in an ealier post in this thread.

ib_jigged

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Update: independent mechanic drove vehicle up to 85 MPH. Identified vibration. First impression after history of tire balancing and tire replacement with Michelin defenders is that it is the Dr. train. He’s going to put it on a lift and take a look at all potential symptom generators.

I have noticed that the car drives better with the new tires under 73 mph. Vibration starts at 73 MPH and gradually worsens. As you approach 83 mph, there is a visible and audible shake of the passenger seat if no one is occupying it. This was not present before with the Grabbers.

The Michelin’s taketh and also giveth away.
Any updates on yours?