22’ Timberline Ride Quality

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ugh_J

Reaction score
Point of order re: tire pressures. An uncle that works in tire design (as a mechanical engineer) mentioned that if you go measure your weight per axle on a scale, you can derive your recommended pressure. The range is 0 PSI to the max listed on the tire's sidewall, and is a linear function of load on that tire. So axle weight / 2, figure out what percentage of the max load rating yours is carrying, and multiply the max PSI by that percentage. I did this when running SUV tires on my Charger and it really worked well. The recommended PSI on the door sticker only applies properly to the OEM tires and possibly others with the same size and characteristics. As soon as you deviate from that to a different size or load range or etc., that number isn't accurate any longer.

And you probably noticed, but load per axle is not a fixed value -- it will change when you hook up a trailer or load up the truck for a trip.

BSarchet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How much does your boat weigh? We have a limited with a heavy duty tow package and our boat weighs 4700 dry, probably 5,500 loaded with fuel. We don’t have near that squat and no issues towing at speed up and down hills. We have stock suspension and I’m not sure our rear end goes down at all when hooked up.

OP
OP
P

p-rizzle

Reaction score
ordered a Weigh Safe 4’ drop adjustable hitch that arrived today for two reasons

1. To make sure tongue weight isn’t too high or too low. Turns out it was a little low…?? Fixed that

2. To see if hitch was a little high causing an unbalanced trailer.

After adding some weight to the front of the boat and adjusting the hitch, I’m getting less of a squat. I’m not mathematician, but should that even be possible?

Regardless, it’s a bit better. I still may drive back to total off-road to see if the rear shock needs to go up a notch.

Thanks again for all of the replies and help!

Last edited: