After market exhaust for a 2001 5.4L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjamba

Reaction score
Who makes a good after market exhaust for a 2001 5.4L?
Will I have to modify my hitch to allow for pipes? Thanks!

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
It depends a bit on how far you want to go. If you just want a new muffler and tail pipes, there are several choices. If you want true duals, it's a custom job.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah really it depends on your preference of exhaust... if you want a bolt on cat-back, a entire custom exhaust or simply replace stock muffler. Search youtube.com for videos on different exhausts for examples...

OP
OP
T

tjamba

Reaction score
Exhaust

Yes, A bolt on Borla cat back or something of the sort would be nice...

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
borla is good.... lok also for dynamax, gibson or flowmaster... dont know if they make one but good companies... i have a very custom exhaust... true duals to flowmaster 40s with also 2 cats removed...

Eric

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Be careful with aftermarket exhaust add on. My experience in this area I put a new Magnaflow muffler and tailpipe on my old Tahoe which had a 350 in it. Although I can't say I noticed any jump in performance what I did notice was a huge increase in interior noise! At 2,000 RPM it was almost unbearable. I don't know how you can get free flowing exhaust without the noise however.

ChuckD

Reaction score
I put a stock system from a 97 F250 PSD on mine. Straight though design and muffles good.